Chapter 2 - Gringotts

Rosalie got off the blankets in the cupboard under the stairs sighing softly to herself. She needed to make a list of what she needs to do, but first she had to make her so called family breakfast. After that she listened to her family argue about what to do with her for the day" everything went mostly the way it did last time.

After the drive to the zoo they finally got there and she followed quietly behind them thinking over what she was going to do. When that finally got to the reptiles everything went the same as before, which she was happy about, even if she did get in trouble because of the snake and spent the rest of the summer in her cupboard. She was quite happy about this as she could mull over what she was to do. By the time she was out of her cupboard she had decided. She was going to steal some money from her aunt and then she was going to get a taxi to the leaky cauldron, then she was going to go to Gringotts but she didn't know what she was going to do from there. However she also had to get Sirius out of Azkaban.

It was early in the morning and the sun was shining painfully in Rosalie's eyes as she finished cooking the Dursley's breakfast, she was very exited today, as she was getting her hogwarts letter, she had to stop herself from dancing around the kitchen twice already. As her family ate she waited impatiently for the mail. Finally as the Dursley's finished she heard the mail slot open and close "get the mail Dudley" her uncle vernon said in a bored tone, "make the freak get it" Dudley whined like a child "get the mail Girl" and unlike the first time she got up without question. Going through the mail she quickly grabbed her hogwarts letter and slotted through the box on the door of her cupboard and went back into the kitchen "here you uncle vernon" she said as politely as she could.

She went back into her cupboard after that. She got a piece of paper out her notepad and wrote back to professor McGonagol,
Dear deputy headmistress,
I would be delighted to come to hogwarts, I do not need any help getting my things, I will be perfectly fine. Thank you and see you on September first
From Rosalie Lily Potter.

That night she snuck out of her cupboard and saw a beautiful brown owl sitting on the fence of the garden waiting patiently "take this to proffesor McGonagol please" she whispered to not wake the neighbours.

Waking up as her alarm went off at 5am on the morning of her birthday, Rosalie snuck out of her cupboard and went into the kitchen, she opened a draw that her family put all there money in and took £200 out. Then she quietly got the bag she had with all of her belongings and left the house. She walked 5 miles so the Dursley's wouldn't see her and found a phone box. She quickly put the change she had in and phoned a taxi service. After waiting for about 10 minutes the taxi arrived. " where ya going miss" he asked " charing cross road please " she said. A small sigh of relief passed her lips, she was finally getting away from the Dursley's for good. After about an hour they arrived at the edge of the road. " thank you " she said after paying £70 for the ride. She walked for five minutes before stopping in front of the leaky cauldron. From the outside it didn't look like much of anything just an ordinary pub, however on the inside it was small and dingy but very welcoming. Slowly Rosalie walked up to the counter and smiled shyly at tom. He toothlessly grinned at her " how may I help ya " he said cheerfully. "Hello, I was wondering if you could help me get into diagon alley, I don't have a wand and I do not know the pattern" she said. He frowned " I don't know if ya should go into diagon alley alone it ain't safe" " don't worry I will be perfectly fine". He sighed "if ya sure" he said " i am" " alright follow me miss" . Tom did the pattern to let her through and Rosalie said " thank you sir" " you are very welcome miss ... Um ..." " oh how rude of me" she gasped and held out her for him to do, which he did in amusement " I'm Rosalie. Rosalie Potter, bye, nice to meet you" she said giggling as she noticed him staring at her in shock and awe. She turned and skipped away down diagon alley.

Rosalie walked slowly into Gringotts looking around curiously, it was 6:30am so the building was empty. She walked straight up to the teller. The goblin looked down at her scowling "yes" he said sharply, trying to build up her confidence "hello my name is Rosalie Potter and I am here to see my bank manger,sir" the goblin looked slightly surprised at first but it was gone a second later. "Thornspike" he yelled out loudly socking Rosalie not expecting him to shout. Another goblin came out "yes bonecrusher" he gruffly said, scowling as well. It seemed that none of the goblins new how to smile she thought musingly. Bonecrusher turned back to Rosalie "follow thornspike please miss potter""thank you sir" and she followed thornspike.