Chapter 26 | Back Story

26

─── • ─── 

ISABELLA

"It's time to wake up," Miles sings in my ear, tugging the covers from my body. I groan dramatically and roll onto my stomach, pulling the covers back on me. It's Monday, which means we're back home, ready to go back to class.

"Miles," I whine when he pulls the covers off me once more. Suddenly the bed sinks in on both sides of my body, and just as I'm about to turn around, I feel a kiss on my right shoulder that sends me right back into the pillow.

"Miles," I say again, but this time warningly. "We have to—" I am cut off when I feel two other chaste kisses down my back.

"You were saying?" He continues the trail of kisses down my spine.

"I was sa—"

Kiss.

"Go on," he urges.

"Well, I am trying."

Another kiss, another gasp. His breath tickles my back when he chuckles.

I turn underneath him, jutting my lower lip. "You're being unfair."

"I'm sorry, do you want me to stop?" he asks, and I shake my head no. "I enjoy knowing that I make you feel this way."

His fingers trail over my stomach where my shirt has ridden up. I catch them before they go into uncharted territory and roll away from underneath him.

"I need a shower." I fix my shirt, stumbling to his bathroom. I stayed with Miles last night because Addy stayed with Jasper. So, I marched up to his apartment door unannounced in my pajamas and asked to have a sleepover. Of course, he said yes.

He speeds past me. "I'll start it for us."

"Oh, no." I speed up even faster, blocking the doorway so he can't enter. "You are not showering with me."

His face falters; however, he quickly changes it to a pouty face and bats his eyelashes. "Please," he begs.

I slide into the bathroom but purposely leave the door cracked open. Miles has been respectful of sexual territory. He has done nothing without asking me at least twice, and all of that has been over my clothes. Over.

As much as I respect his self-restraint, I think it has more to do with me being a virgin. I believe after hearing everything with Jake, Miles thinks he can't do anything to me. And I may not have male gonads, but Miles is constantly leaving me with blue balls.

But not today. It ends here.

I want him to follow me into the bathroom, but he doesn't. So as the water warms up, I slowly undress out of my pajamas. When I'm in nothing but my underwear, I turn around. "Are you coming?" I ask.

The door doesn't budge, but I hear him mumble from the other side. "What?"

"I said, are you joining me? Your window of opportunity is closing."

"Are you inviting me to shower with you?"

I push the door open, which causes him to stumble back. He looks up at me, then down to my bare chest, and back up to my face. The tiniest groan sounds from his throat, then he steps into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

"Are you sure?"

I nod. "Yes, I'm sure."

His fingers hook in the edge of my panties, and he drags them off my body. My first instinct is to hide because of how insecure I feel, but he stares at me with such desire. He has seen me naked before. But it wasn't in broad daylight, and it wasn't under these circumstances.