31

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Hey," Blake greeted.

"Hi," Bonnie muttered with guilt swimming in her eyes as she looked at the pale boy.

~~~

"Caroline and I just lit some candles upstairs, I'm going to try a spell to figure out what's happening. I was hoping you could help," Bonnie said look over at the warlock.

"Yeah, okay. Let's go," Blake nodded before everyone hurries to the second floor.

The old broken down room had several candles around it so all they had to do was start the spell. Caroline and Beth stood at the side line watching the two walk towards the middle of the room. Blake moved to grab the Bennett witch's hand but she moved back. "Wait. I need to apologize," she breathed out.

"I am so sorry."

"Bonnie, it's okay. It's not your fault. It was my choice," the boy argued.

"If I had been strong enough to help Grams, neither of you would have died. Beth would still have you and I would still have her," Bonnie said as her eyes became glossy.

"Like I said, it was my choice. And if I hadn't helped. You would've been the one dead, and all of us would have gone completely insane. You didn't force me to do anything, I decided to help on my own," Blake stated.

"But-"

"No, Bonnie. Come on, we have a spell to do l," he interrupted her before he held his hand out for her to take. Bonnie breathed in before giving him a bittersweet smile and exhaling as she grabbed his hand.

Soon enough, the two were muttering silently and a strong wind came into the run making everything move. When they stopped chanting, the wind stopped as they let out an exasperated sigh. "Nothing. I don't know what's wrong. We need more help than this," Bonnie stated.

"I think you may have just found it," Blake smiled as he looked behind the girl. Bonnie furrowed her brows as everyone else turned to look at where the boy my stared. "Bonnie is that your - ?" Caroline questioned.

"Grams," Bonnie breathed out once she turned to look and saw her beautiful curly haired grandmother.

"I can't believe you're here!" Bonnie exclaimed as tears spilled out of her head.

"Now stop you're crying, we don't have time for tears," Sheila ordered before she looked over at the other two girls. "Caroline, Beth, it's nice to see you both again."

"Hi miss Sheila," Caroline smiled.

"You too," Beth smiled.

"And, Blake, I see you passed through too."

"I did," he smiled.

"You two have a lot to talk about," Sheila said looking at both the banshee and warlock. "You can leave us to it, Bonnie and I got this, Blake."

"Are you sure?" He questioned.

"Yes."

"Okay, then. Thanks," the warlock nodded before grabbing the banshee's hand.

"Thank you," Beth called out as she walked out of the abandoned building with Blake. Once they were at the car, she finally spoke again, "I can't lose you again."

"You won't be losing me, you'll be letting me go."

"I can't see the difference," the strawberry blonde muttered with a sigh.

"Beth, please, don't do this to yourself. I have been gone for a year and after tonight, I won't come back. I love you, you know that, which is why I need you to promise me that you'll move on," the brown eyed boy said pleadingly.

"I want you to be happy, that's all I've ever wanted since I met you. You do remeber that day, don't you?"

Beth and Bonnie walked onto the town square with smiles on their faces. "I can't believe we're going to high school, tomorrow," Bonnie said excitedly.

"I know, I can't either, but we are," Beth smiled.

"Are you nervous?"

"No, because I'll have you, Elena and Caroline with me," Beth exclaimed happily. The two were so distracted they didn't notice the equally distracted boy heading there way, and before they did, the strawberry blonde crashed into the boy.

"Oh, I-sorry, I-I'm so, so sorry," he stammered and Beth couldn't help but chuckle at the awkward moment.

"It's okay, it's my fault too, sorry," Beth smiled apologetically.

"No, no, no, it's my fault, definitely my fault."

Beth chuckled, "I'm Beth."

"Beth," he muttered silently as a smile crept on his face. "I'm Blake."

"Of course, I remember, Blake."

"From the moment I first saw you smile, I made it my goal to keep the smile on your face. To keep you happy. But I can't be the source of your happiness anymore, but I know who can and you do too," Blake smiled sadly.

"Klaus Mikaelson."

He was right. From the moment the previous words were uttered, the hybrid's face came to her mind, but she was at a loss for words.

"Blake, I-"

"It's okay," Blake whispered. Beth leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"This is goodbye, isn't it?" She said blinking back tears.

"Yes, but Beth?"

"Yes?"

"Just... remember I love you," he smiled before a bright light flashed and took the boy with him.

"Goodbye," she muttered before a sob escaped her throat.

~~~

Next time on Pure Happiness

"Yeah. It says... Niklaus," Beth breathed out as she ran her fingers down the carving.

~~~

Author's Note

It's been wayyyy toooo long! I'm sorry that I have been so inactive, but school has me incredibly busy, but I have been trying my best to update when I can. Thank you for being so patient.
I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter though, but I definitely do love that Beth has finally had a weight lifted off her shoulders. She really needed that before she could honestly have feelings for anyone else. Anyway don't forget to comment and vote!

Much Love,

Natalie