Chano for Mayor

Zion's POV

"How is the album going?" He grunted and leaned into my hand that was rubbing his ear while keeping one hand on the wheel.

"It's stressful. Cross AG wants so much shit from me all the time. I'm used to working by myself for myself. But they put deadlines on everything on top of having me go everywhere for interviews and appearances. I feel like I haven't been able to really get into the music like I want to." I could feel him tense up as he talked about the past couple of months.

"Yeah but that comes with the fame. KB you gotta find a way to manage it better."

"I know but it's hard. And I hate going around and meeting all these news people. I hate being fake and that's all they are. I also have some news. Its good but I don't know how you are going to take it." I stopped rubbing his ear and looked at him curiously.

"What is it?"

"Don't stop rubbing my ear man. You know I like that shit." I side eyed him but started playing with his ear again.

"Fine but just tell me." He pulled into the Wing joint parking lot, and parked. He sighed then said.

"I'm gonna open for Chance the Rapper. Naomi got me the gig. That girl sure knows how to talk her way into good situations." He smiled at me.

"You are opening for Chance the Rapper?! You know that's bae! That's great!" I was happy for him. I don't know why he thought I would be upset about it. We walked in to the store to place our order. Of course no matter where we go someone is going to recognize him. As soon as we walked in the girl in line at the counter saw him and started smiling ear to ear.

"Yeah I found out last night. Fred called me and told me it was final. And don't call him bae no more. That's all me" He walked up to the counter and the girl was basically drooling over him. I refrained from rolling my eyes. KB didn't notice her yet, he was looking at the menu.

"So why were you worried about how I would react? Of course I'm going to be happy for you. Where is it? And Chance will always be bae. Don't worry I still got love for you though." He looked at me with hard eyes and pouted. I giggled and pecked his lips then pulled back. I looked up at him as he was about to answer but the girl in line interrupted us.

"Hey KB. I can't believe I am meeting you in person! I'm such a huge fan." Or a huge thot I thought to myself. The way the girl pressed her body onto the side of his. KB chuckled and looked down at her. He stepped back from her and stuck his hand out for the girl to shake.

"Always nice to meet a fan. What's your name?" KB was so calm and friendly as he always was when he met a fan. But this girl must have mistaken it for something else; she took his hand and said:

"My name is Ashanti. You are so attractive in person. Are you busy tonight? I'm having a party at my place and would be so happy if you could stop by." I rolled my eyes as I watched the exchange. I mean yeah it pissed me off to see these girls all over him all the time. But I am used to it. Me being his girl doesn't change anything. I just ignore them because I know who he is coming home to.

"Uhm. I don't know ma. I'm kinda already hanging with my girl tonight." He nodded his head at me, I smiled and waved. The girl barely acknowledged me she pouted and sigh. She pressed on him again.

"Okay well if you change your mind or get bored. Here is my number." She wrote her number on her receipt and handed it to him. She picked up her food and walked out. She switched her hips so damn hard I'm surprised it didn't pop out of place. I looked at KB to see if he noticed it, but he was ordering the food. I smirked and linked arms with him. He smiled down at me.