35

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." -Yoda, Jedi Master

--

"Commander Tano, you're going to command the squadron in the air this time." Natalia said as she entered the hangar, Ahsoka spun around and gave Anakin a pleading look, "I'm not ready, Master." Ahsoka said, but he shook his head. "You are ready, this is perfect training." Anakin said, "Yes, Master." Ahsoka said as she climbed into her fighter. "R7 this is my first time commanding a squadron, so I'm going to need your help." Ahsoka said as she started the ship's engines. "Don't worry Snips, I believe in you." Anakin said with a warm smile, Natalia smiled at her too. They watched her fly out of the hangar and they ran to the bridge.

"Okay, Ahsoka this is what you're going to do." Anakin said, he began giving her orders and directions as Natalia sat down and zoned out. 

"Anakin! Stop! You're breaking my heart!" Natalia screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks and onto the floor. 

"Anakin Skywalker is dead! He was a fool! So I killed him!" Anakin yelled as he continued to attack her. She screamed as he started Force choking her.

"Anakin snap out of it!" Natalia screamed, luckily Obi-Wan was right behind him, Anakin sensed him and released her, she fell to the ground, her eyes shining bright with anger.

"You were the Chosen One Anakin! You were my husband!" She screamed as Obi-Wan and Natalia continued to fight the fallen hero.

"I loved you!"

"Ahsoka get out of there!" Natalia heard Anakin scream into the comlink, "Yes, Master." She heard a sad Ahsoka. Natalia held her breath and stared at Anakin, "No.. My visions are incorrect, I'm just imagining things, he proved to me last night that I'm his whole world." Natalia reassured herself, "I'm going to the hangar to check on Ahsoka, you stay here with Admiral Yularen." Anakin said as he ran to the hangar. "Of course." Natalia said quietly, she watched Admiral Yularen as he commanded clones around, everyone respected him. 

"Admiral! Watch out!" Natalia screamed as a vulture droid came into view, smashing itself into the bridge, severely injuring clones and Admiral Yularen, Natalia was pinned under some rubble as clone troopers came running in to see what had happened. "General!" Rex yelled as he helped her get the rubble off of her, "Are you injured?" He asked, but she shook her head. "Where is Admiral Yularen?!" Natalia asked frantically, she saw some clones drag him out from under the rubble, she sighed in relief that he was still alive. "Get him medical attention immediately!" Natalia ordered, "Yes General!" One of the clones said as they carried him off to the medical wing.

Natalia ran to the hangar to check on Anakin and Ahsoka. Ahsoka seemed to be pretty shaken up but she'll get over it. "Ahsoka, are you okay?" Natalia asked as she walked into the hangar, "It's all my fault, Masters." Ahsoka said as she dropped her head, "Ahsoka it was a trap, that's what happens in war." Natalia tried to reassure the young Padawan but she was still accepting responsibility. "General Skywalker, General Windu demands a progress report." Rex said as he walked into the hangar, Ahsoka watched Anakin walk away from her before she ran off. "Ahsoka wait!" Natalia called after her, "Just give her time to recover, she must be pretty distraught." Rex said. Natalia nodded as she watched the young girl run away, she sighed and looked at Rex.

"I need your opinion, Rex." Natalia said suddenly, "Of what?" He asked. Natalia sighed and looked at the ground before looking back up at Rex, "Do you think the Jedi are doing the right thing? What I mean is they put a Padawan Learner in charge of a whole squadron of clones, I don't think that's right." Natalia said as she kicked the ground, Rex nodded in agreement, "I agree that's quite cruel, but what do I know, I'm just a soldier, I just blindly follow orders." Rex said while shrugging. "We're all the slaves, you know that right?" Natalia asked, and surprisingly Rex nodded, "I know." He said before walking away.

"Can you go get Commander Tano for me?" Anakin asked Rex and Natalia, they nodded and walked the direction Ahsoka went. "Where do you think she went?" Rex asked, "I think she went to see Admiral Yularen, she thinks this whole thing was her fault, it would make sense." Natalia said. Rex and Natalia ran to Admiral Yularen's room to see Ahsoka sitting beside him, apologising to him. "Commander, General Skywalker calls for you." Rex said, Ahsoka nodded and went to find him.

"He's in the hangar, come on." Natalia said as they ran to the hangar. There they found Anakin fixing Ahsoka's fighter with R2. "Ahsoka, we need to continue our attack on the blockade, are you in?" Anakin asked, but she shook her head. "Do you really think I'm ready? I can't do it." Ahsoka continued to complain, Natalia could sense Anakin was beginning to grow frustrated with his Padawan, "Go to your quarters and cool off." Anakin said sternly, Ahsoka nodded and walked to her quarters.

"You should cut her some slack, she's had a rough day." Natalia said, but Anakin shook his head. "She's a Jedi Padawan she should be prepared for things like this, she's not a Youngling." Anakin said rather harshly, "I don't think you're ready for a Padawan." Natalia said while crossing her arms and shaking her head, "Excuse me for living." Anakin said while turning back to fixing the fighter.

"Plus, I have a rather brilliant plan." Anakin said proudly, "And what would this 'brilliant plan' be?" Natalia asked. "Well, you see. I'm going to ram this cruiser into the blockade, but don't worry. I'll be in an escape pod and safe before the collision." Anakin said. Natalia rolled her eyes and walked away, "I better not be collecting your body, Skywalker. Because I already have the feeling this isn't going to work." Natalia said.

"Don't worry Natalia, I won't pull a you."