Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Titus' POV

I looked down at my little mate, fast asleep in my arms. She had fallen asleep about mid-way through the third movie we decided to watch but I didn't have the heart to wake her, I knew she had had a long day with Avery and Elaine. I was upset that they had taken her out of my wing without my permission, but I was glad to hear that she was comfortable around them and that she wasn't locked in my room with only her troubled thought for company.

I tried not to constantly look into her thoughts, but I found myself slipping into her mind when I wasn't busy with pack work to check on her. On more than one occasion I found myself rushing to the room after she considered hurting herself so that she could finally be free. Call me selfish, but I wasn't ready for her to leave me and I don't think I ever would be. So in an attempt to assure that she wouldn't follow through with her thoughts I had cleared my wing from anything that she could hurt herself with and locked all the window and balcony doors with a key that only I had the access to. I knew it seemed over the top, but I just wanted to keep her safe from herself, it was bad enough that I had to keep her safe from Tony.

I felt my blood begin to boil at the thought of the man that had tortured my mate. It had been months and there was still no sight of him, no one in his pack had seen or heard from him since that night. I had every pack under my rule sending out patrols on extra shifts with the hopes of sniffing him out of whatever hole he had crawled into. I looked down at my sleeping mate and promised that I would do anything to see her happy and without any care in the world, she deserved it. I sighed and looked around the room the guys were sprawled all over one another, snoring loudly, Elaine was curled up alone in an armchair, fast asleep. I was getting worried about her, she's like a little sister to me. I knew she was upset that she was the reason that Amina and Avery freaked out to that movie, I overheard her talking to the girls in the kitchen. She should know better I knew I could be cruel, but I was anything but to those that I cared about and considered family. I admit that I was upset with her because she showed my mate a scary movie, but I wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

"She's going to be okay."

I looked over at the sound of Mike's voice.

"What?"

"The Luna, she'll be okay."

He never looked at me, he kept his eyes trained on his mate who was asleep in is arms.

"I hope so."

"She will be, Avery still isn't fully healed mentally but she's okay."

I felt rather than heard the emotion in his voice, my best friend was hurting.

"What's going on man, I know there's something you aren't telling me."

Without saying a word he reached for the ends of the long sleeves on his mate and slowly pulled it up to reveal a white bandage wrapped around her wrist, then he raised the other revealing her other wrist also wrapped in a white bandage. I knew he wouldn't want anyone else to hear him as anything but the calm and collected man he usually was.

"Why don't you go put her to bed and then meet me in my office?"

He didn't respond except for a short nod of his head as he stood with his mate in his arms.

I stood with my mate in my arms and used my foot to shake Jaxon awake.

"Whaaa?" He mumbled.

"Jaxon get up and take Elaine to her room."

"She's fine where she is." He mumbled almost incoherently.

I kicked him this time.

"Jaxon get your fucking ass up and take her to her room. NOW!"

He grumbled something under her breath but pulled himself up. I turned and made my way to my room. Once I got there I gently laid my mate down on the bed, making sure she was tucked in under the covers. She whimpered once I let go of her so I grabbed the pillow I had been sleeping with and put it next to her, she wrapped her arms around it and snuggled into it. At least she wants me in her sleep. I sighed, now I just need her to feel that way when she's awake.

I cast one last look at her before I gently closed the door and made my way to my office. Mike was sitting on the couch, a glass of whiskey in his hands, alcohol had no effect on werewolves, but it did provide some form of comfort. I sat down next to him.

"What's going on man?"

He downed the last of the liquid in his glass and kept his gaze straight ahead, his jaw clenched.

"She- she tried to kill herself."

I didn't say anything, I could tell he wasn't finished.

"There was so much blood, I was so afraid that I was going to lose her. When I found her she was just sitting in the bath tub crying, she just kept apologizing over and over again."

He stood quickly to his feet and began pacing the floor.

"Do you know what the fuck she said when I asked her why she did it? She said she didn't want to burden me anymore."

He let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Can you believe that, she doesn't think she's good enough for a guy like me, if only she knew what kind of monster I am, she'd run for the hills."

I saw the moment whatever he was holding inside of him snapped.

He went for the bookshelf first. He tore at all of the books, ripping them from the shelves. Next he went for the walls, he attacked the walls with a viciousness I had only seen once before. I knew I had to stop him, the walls were made of stone and I knew they wouldn't give, he was only hurting himself.

I walked up behind him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Come on man you have to stop this."

He let out a yell of defeat and fell to his knees.

"I love her more than life itself and she thinks killing herself would make me happy."

And for the first time in a long time, I watched my best friend cry.

"She doesn't love me, she doesn't love me, the woman made for me doesn't love me because she thinks I'm like those bastards that hurt her."

I walked up to his hunched over form.

"Listen to me man, she loves you I know she does. I can see it when she looks at you. You just have to keep helping her heal."

Before I could say anything, a small voice interrupted me.

"Mikey?"

Avery stood at the door, looking downright fragile dressed in one of his shirts, fiddling nervously with the sleeves.

He didn't look up, he just sat there, staring at his clenched fists, tears still running down his face.

I jerked my head towards him, telling her that she should talk to him. She looked nervous, but nodded anyway.

She slowly walked towards him and I moved out of their way, towards the door. The last thing I saw was Avery stooping down to his level and wrapping her arms around his shoulders. He wrapped her in his arms as if he would never let her go and let the sobs once again take over. I closed the door gently and made my way to my room, eager to have my mate wrapped in my arms.

____________________________________________________________________________

I know it's short, I just wanted to get something up. A new chapter should be up this weekend.