Chapter 4

I walked into the house and to the room Daryl was in. Everyone that was close to him had come and gone. Rick and Shane found Sophia's doll on him and he pointed to where he found it. Turns out, he split the map in half by finding that doll which apparently was a lot of help. I knocked and slowly entered the room, closing the door behind me.

"Hey." I said and moved a chair near the bed, his eyes watching me carefully. "Hi, now what do ya want?" He hissed and tried to sit up, but groaned at the pain. "I wanted to say thank you." I said and his blue eyes met mine. "For what?" He hissed. I could see part of his chest as he turned to look at me. Scars ran across it and I tilted my head trying to get a better look. He noticed and pulled the covers up, covering his chest and I sat back. "You helped me." I said simply. "I shot ya, of course imma help ya." He sat up a little and leaned against the headboard. "You didn't have to though, so thank you." I said and he sighed. "How do you feel?" He looked over at me and then fixed the bandage on his head. I smiled and leaned back in the chair. "I've been better." He said. We sat in silence and soon I changed my position, to where my legs were over one armrest and my back was pressed to the other. "Ya don't have to stay." I leaned my head to look at him. "What if I wanna?" I asked and then looked back up at the ceiling. I felt his eyes on me and turned to look at him, he was looking at my side and I finally realized why. While I was getting comfy, the tank top lifted up some showing the scars on my side. I quickly pulled it down and turned to where my back was facing him.

"Don't worry this won't hurt, but a bit." I whimpered as he punctured me with a needle and felt him strap down my wrists and ankles. The doctor picked up a scalpel and walked in front of me.

"Maybe you'll learn your lesson this time, honey." I sobbed as he cut into my skin and dragged the cold metal over my stomach. "Please....please." I struggled and he chuckled, then placed it to my legs. I felt the metal and then my blood slowly start to follow.

He pressed the scalpel into my hand and I cried out in pain, I felt the symbol he was drawing and more tears fell. I was shaking, fear spread evenly within me. I couldn't stop the tears, the pain was too much.

I jolted awake and instantly looked down at my stomach, then my hand. The letter "T" still marked into it. I sat up and ran my hand through my hair. "Bad dream." I drug my hand over my face and made eye contact with him. "Did I wake you?" I said solemnly. "Ya with all that rambling." I looked down at the ground and stood up, saw a small amount of sun seeping through the window. "I should go." He looked at me and then turned his back to me. "Go on then, woman." He hissed and I rolled my eyes, heading for the door.

I paused before looking over my shoulder at him. "Get better Daryl." I said and he looked over his shoulder at me as I left him. I went onto the porch and sat down in one of the chairs, watching the sun start to rise, marking a new day.