Chapter 24 - Sleep Over

Taylor and I enjoy our dinner while giving each other awkward shy looks.

"We are acting weirdly with each other," he puts his hand over mine.

"I feel embarrassed. I took long to realize I have feelings for you,"

"I'm guiltier. I figured my own earlier,"

"Yeah? When?" I pack the food rests and gather our plates.

"At the Fan Con. You got mad at Evan and I realized it wasn't due to pity towards me. You defended your requests and my rights. Somehow you have always seen past the chair. I knew I loved you as a friend, but that day things changed,"

"Taylor, you are more than your circumstances. When I met you in college, all I saw was a handsome guy with crazy blond hair, a dazzling smile and who smelled of herbs," I smirk.

"That will haunt me forever," he laughs. "The only time in my life I smoked something to make me cool and the last when I realized how dumb it was,"

We clear the table and Taylor transfers to the couch. I cuddle against him while we set a random movie on the TV. I can't concentrate on it. All I think is how it feels to have my arms around him. It's different even though we have hugged a million times. The scent of his shower gel makes everything familiar and lovely.

I place my hand over his stomach and his muscles flex involuntarily. I can feel them over the thin layer of his t-shirt. I have never seen him shirtless, but since he goes to the gym twice per week, I assume he is toned. His arms are. He needs the strength in his upper body to compensate the lack of support from his legs.

I check my phone to concentrate on something else than his body and see it's getting late.

"I need to go home," I straighten my body and stretch.

"Why don't you stay? It's our first night together," he pleads.

"First night together? I've stayed here before. It isn't the first time,"

"Not as my... girlfriend,"

I grin at the mention of the word.

"Is that what we are?" I ask even when I know the answer.

"If you think about it, we have dated for ten years. We are ready for the next step," he winks at me.

"Okay... boyfriend," it feels a mouthful to say that word. "I have nothing with me. Not even a toothbrush,"

"Nina, you have a collection of toothbrushes here. Every time you stay over you leave one behind," he chuckles.

"Really? Why don't you throw them away?"

"Because they are a silly piece of you here," he smiles and I melt. "For the rest, you can wear more of my clothes. I like how you look in them,"

Taylor phone beeps loudly.

"Your bathroom alarm," I say.

"You have noticed those," he looks mortified while he rakes his fingers through his hair. "This is a step back,"

"What do you mean with a step back?"

"I forgot that life with me won't be normal. You might want to reconsider having a relationship with me,"

I feel shocked about his words.

"I don't know what goes through your head, but this right now, makes little sense," I motion to the space between us. "It is bullshit talk. You are in a wheelchair, so what? You need to do stuff in a different way than other people, so be it. Taylor, my feelings for you are larger than any limitation you feel you have. You have never found me odd and guess what? I didn't find you odd either. This here," I point to his heart. "That is what matters,"

"We can't have sex," he looks sad.

"Then I will die a happy virgin next to the man I love," passion laces my words as I look into his eyes and place my hands firmly on his shoulders.

"I'm then the luckiest man on earth," he smiles a little and turns to head to the bathroom.

"You are mine! Get used to it!" I shout to his back and he flips me.

I laugh at his rude gesture and begin to tidy the place. I wash the dishes and send a short message to Declan to thank him for the food and his support. I know Taylor needs to take his time in the bathroom so I turn the TV and watch another show.

"Come to bed," I hear him say next to me.

I didn't realize I fell asleep on the couch. I stand up groggily and turn off the TV. He has set a face towel on the bathroom counter with about six toothbrushes for me to pick. All of them mine. I refresh myself and head to his bedroom.

I find him in bed already. He is shirtless and looks uncomfortable. I crawl next to him and get under the blanket.

"This is me. I don't wear a shirt or pants to sleep when I'm by myself,"

I look at his body. Taylor has scars on his rib area and a large one over a shoulder.

"Battle scars from my accident," he looks at his torso. "A lot more on my back,"

I trace them with my finger and his breath hitches. I cup his cheek to make him look at me and kiss him. Taylor responds to my kiss by holding me in his strong arms and deepening it. I let my lips travel down to his neck and he moans. His hands travel to my hips and lower the sweatpants together with my underwear. I help him to get rid of them and also the t-shirt.

"Jeez Nina, you are hot," he caresses my body as I straddle him.

I kiss his chest and return to his neck where he seems to be sensitive. I find the noises he makes so beautiful and encouraging. I move away and lift the blanket off of him. He wears a simple cotton boxer in blue.

"Where do you stop feeling?" I ask and he looks at me surprised.

"About here," he places his finger a bit below his bellybutton.

I move down and pull his boxers low enough without exposing his manhood. I kiss his hips and leave tiny bites. He closes his eyes while I do this. His fists grab the bed sheets. I straddle him again and lower myself to enjoy his mouth while his hands explore me.

"Let me," he pushes me softly until I'm laying next to him.

Taylor's hand moves between my legs and pleases me while his lips journey from mine to my neck. My whole body quivers and I shut my eyes. When I open them again, I feel as if the room spins and Taylor smiles at me.

I push him back and lower his boxers once more. I bite, suck and kiss his skin while my hands caress and massage his body. His sudden gasp scares me and his eyes turn as wide as saucers.

"Are you okay?" I sit next to him and hold his hand.

"Nina, I felt it," he looks at the ceiling. "I had an orgasm. My belly got tight and hot, then it exploded. I didn't know I could without intercourse. This is love making," he looks at me again.

"Just in a different way," I kiss his nose.

Taylor grabs me in a hard hug and kisses me all over my face. I saved myself for the right man. The way might be unconventional, but it was perfect.