Never

Before you read this chapter I just want you to know I am very sorry, you will probably dislike me for this 😅 Enjoy! And remember, my favorite part of writing is reading the comments!

Momiji stood in front of a gate to a cozy looking home. The home of Tohru Honda and Kyo Sohma. Strangely, he only felt a bit anxious. Visiting his old nightmare Akito, seeing the once frail children grown up, and realizing he wasn't alone, it melted away his apprehension.

Momiji smiled up at the gray sky before reaching for the gate, he paused as his phone rang and glanced down at it.

Yuki Sohma

Momiji picked it up warily, "Yellow? What's up Y-"

"Hinata's heart stopped."

🌻🐭🌻🐭🌻🐭🌻🐭🌻🐭🌻🐭🌻🐭🌻

At first, Hinata was apprehensive about the blond boy with the sad smile. He seemed strange. Turned out, he was strange. Just in a way she didn't expect.

From there, one might think things wouldn't get any stranger. I mean, he turns into a rabbit. What could be weirder?

Turned out, she was wrong.

Whispers of forgotten things ached at the back of her head, longing glances from both Yuki, Momiji, and Megumi followed her, a strange dream of meeting a black and white haired man, and the strange behavior of her twin brother.

Hideaki had always been strange, from the moment she woke up in that hospital bed, sweating, crying, and calling out for someone she didn't know. A "Tohru" that Hideaki told her she had made up in her fever induced hallucinations.

From that point on, he was possessive, insisting her to call him "Brother" even when she denied it multiple times. The word "brother" sounding foreign and wrong. Her Grandmother was paranoid and locked her in her room like a twisted Rapunzel. Except no Prince Charming came to her aid. Hell, half the boys in the town didn't even know she was real.

It scared her.

If a Hinata were to ever disappear, ever to die, who'd miss her besides her paranoid Grandmother and possessive brother?

When her Grandmother died of old age the list grew even shorter.

It was terrifying, suffocating, all she wanted to do was get away.

Please get away. Let me go. I can't do this.

She tried to run away once.

Right after her grandmother died. She didn't get far before she was in her meadow, the sun was slowly rising as she collapsed onto her knees.

All around her was a field of gold as the orange sun glittered and warmed her freezing hands.

Before Hinata knew it, her dangerously rapid heart was aching, tears were slipping down her cheeks, and she was clutching the ground in a death grip.

"Please, please, please this isn't right. I'm not supposed to be here." She had whispered.

"Somebody, damn it, please this is wrong. I'm not supposed to be here! I want to go home, p-please!" She had screamed at the meadow that only swallowed her despair.