Culinaria L'amore Chapter Fifteen

Hey guys. I want to shoot myself for not updating much sooner. My writer's block was very hard to chip through but hopefully I will be uploading every two weeks or so. It's not as frequent but it will have to do while the tennis season is starting and I won't have time for homework, not to mention writing. But enjoy!

~~Infatuated

********************

Mr. Bianchi sat back in his seat to gauge my reaction to his previous statement before continuing.

"It appears that there are two very interested buyers for L'amore. They have been pestering your restaurant for a couple days now and I'm afraid that once they find out that you are not the contract owner of the restaurant, they can pull some very dirty tricks."

I felt faint all of a sudden, looking calmly at the two men before me; Mr. Bianchi expressionless, and Garrett slighty worried, a small line between his two eyebrows. My heart almost melted at the sight of him a little concerned.

"Are you positive?"

"Well as a man, what's his name, yes, Pierre, as reported, your restaurant may be in some big trouble."

Once it sunk in, my eyesight turned blurry and and I felt weak. This was my father's restaurant we were talking about. How could those people be so cruel as to ignore his recent death and try to snatch what was beloved to him when he was currently just buried under a pile of dirt?

"Kirsten. Stop it, Kirsten."

Garrett's warm hand touched my hand clutching the mahogany desk, my skin turning white from my grip.

"What do I do? I can't let anyone steal that restaurant from me. It means the world to me." I asked in a whisper.

"What I suggest is for you to miss a day of class and head up back to the restaurant. Sort things out and find a way for people not to figure out what's happening. I suggest you bring Garrett with you since he did major in business finance in college. He will be able to help you." Mr. Bianchi's voice did not sound suggestful. It sound more commanding, not giving a chance for Garret or me to protest his orders.

"Mr. Bianchi, I assure you I can take care of it without the help of your so-" I tried to explain, hoping that panick wasn't clear in my voice. The thought of Garrett and me alone at my father's place made me feel like I was being needy and dependent on other people. Plus, the very thought of that kiss made me want to squirm in my seat.

"Ms. Bellini, please, I assure you that it will be better for him to assist you. Do not protest. I think you should leave tomorrow."

"Alright then," I replied softly, "thank you for informing me."

"Again, I am sorry. I do hope you will be able to resolve the issue quickly."

" Have a nice afternoon." I managed to choke out, slowly rising from my seat, the leather sticking to my bare legs for a second.

I left silently, feeling Garrett's gaze on me. Before I could take more than a few steps down the hallway, Garrett's warm hand clasped onto my upperarm, pulling me into a hug. For some reason, this shocked me more than the news that had just been delivered.

Garrett smelled like he always did; vanilla and Dove soap. Today, there was a bit of cinnamon swirled in with his scent probably the remainder of his previous cooking class.

He released me, gripping both my forearms and looking at me with concern. "Listen, Kirsten, I'm more than happy to help you out. Please don't be mad at me?"

"I was never mad at you to begin with, I just didn't want to talk about what had happened on Wednsday." I muttered, looking down at his black dress shoes.