Going Back to Hell

Chapter 21

                I was still sat by myself drinking some drink that I had picked up. I watched the flames dance intricately in front of me and felt the comfort from the warmth hitting my face. I sighed lightly as I once again replayed the day’s events. My hand automatically went back up to my mark and I traced my fingertips tenderly over the crescent shape mark now imprinted into my skin. I felt tingles shudder through my body as I touched the mark on my skin.

                I thought about it now. I thought about the claim Xander now had over me. The claim I now had over him. We were bound together forever. I could feel the bond now. It was like a hug string connected us. I could feel it trying to pull us together even more now than I did before. I could feel it try to pull us together now.

                I was so lost in thought that I missed Xander sit back down beside me. I jumped a bit slightly startled which succeeded in making Xander chuckle to himself. I glowered at him playfully which only made him laugh at me more.

                “I always see you thinking. You have a little crease in your forehead and your lips pout ever so slightly when you think. It is incredibly cute. What are you thinking about?” Xander chuckled.

                “I feel like you stalk me. Anyway, I was just thinking about different aspects of my life. You know, all the deep philosophical stuff,” I replied.

                “Just have fun tonight. Leave all other worries behind you. It is a fun night. I saw you talking to my sister,” Xander spoke.

                “I will. Your sister is lovely. I had a really nice conversation with her and she even brought me marshmallows. It has been a really nice evening Xander. Thank you,” I sighed, leaning into his side so that he could place his arm around me.

                “No problem. Thank you for forgiving me. I am glad you are enjoying the bonfire seeing as this is your first one,” Xander smiled back.

                “Thank you,” I replied again.

                Xander and I remained silent for a while just watching the fire burn and listening as other people were talking and joking with one another. This was so peaceful and so perfect. I wanted to remain in this moment forever with Xander beside me like this. I wasn’t thinking about my past or what my future could hold. It was just right now.

                I cuddled into his side even more than I was doing so already and Xander only increased his hold on me. It was comforting. I watched as Michael and the gamma walked over. Crap I really need to remember his name!

                It is Alex.

                Woah. What the hell? Why did I hear Xander’s voice in my head?

                We can mindlink since I marked you. I can read your mind but you have blocks up all of the time so I can’t and most of the time I can’t speak into your mind but since you are relaxed I can. It was only because you spoke that really loud in your head that I heard it.

                Oh right. Sorry. There are things I would rather not have you hearing right now.

                That’s fine.

                “Hey guys,” Michael spoke sitting down next to Xander with Alex then sitting next to him.

                “Hi,” Xander and I spoke at the same time.