Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Lucas' POV)

A/N: OMG, yes. Warning label here for you innocent kiddies. Also, there may be some mistakes; repeated words, mixed up sentences. Why? Because it's late. Why don't I fix them? I'm called lazy for a reason... I might fix it all later, though. Anyway, hope you enjoy, desite the shortness of it!

He hates me.

Ethan Niles hates me. He's going to stop coming over, he won't protect me anymore, he'll abandon me for good this time. He'll tell the jerks at school how little Lucas Patterson kissed him like a pervert while he slept.

"You kissed me." It sounded more like a question than a statement, I noticed as I slowly withdrew, scooting to the other end of the bed, keeping my eyes on the dark sheets. I just nodded as a response, avoiding a gaze I knew was locked on my face. Ethan shifted slowly, sitting up and ruffling his hair before his fingertips brushed his lips.

"You actually kissed me? Like, I'm not dreaming, right? I'd ask you to pinch me, but yea." He muttered.

"Sorry." I responded dully, letting my eyes finally drift to Ethan's face and I was surprised to see him turning bright pink, his hand falling away from his mouth.

"I should be totally disgusted," Ethan drawled, making me wince inwardly, "I mean, you're a guy. A younger guy. And I was sleeping, which just makes it creepy. Or at least it should." I looked at him questioningly.

What did he mean by should? He kept saying should. Did that mean he was slightly interested? Was I even interested? After all, I mostly did it out of curiosity, an experiment. But what was supposed to be my result? Falling head over heels with Ethan? Hating him eternally- which I probably doubt, but what else could it be?

"Do you like me?" I asked at last, looking back up at Ethan, who blinked at my question, then grimaced.

"I think so... I mean, the only other person I've been like this around was Nick."

"So you liked Nick?"

"Not... Not completely like that. He's a guy."

"So you don't like me."

"I never said I didn't! I said I think so," Ethan corrected sharply, "I just... Don't know for sure. Maybe if you kissed me again, we might get somewhere."

Oh, please. That sounded like a pervert trying to get me to get in his van where the candies and puppies were waiting. Even so, Ethan didn't look like a creep. In fact, Ethan was rather attractive. A lot of girls at school liked to gossip about how attractive he was, it was just too bad he was always in trouble with the law. That didn't bother me as much as it probably bothered Ethan.

"We don't have to," Ethan said suddenly, getting off the bed, "I feel like a creep now. I should just go. Uhm, glad everything worked out with your parents and whatever." I frowned and reached out, grabbing his hand.

We both froze at the action.

I don't think either of us expected me to do that.

Ethan's hand was warm and calloused, his fingers long and practically engulfing mine. I slowly ran my fingers along his. Before we realized it, he was sitting on my bed in front of me, our hands pressed together like some cheesy romance scene. His fingers were at least a centimeter or three longer than mine, his palm thicker and rougher.

"I feel like I'm in Tarzan." Ethan blurted. I gave him a weird look that made him blush.

"You haven't seen it? Oh, forget it... Your hands are small." He mumbled. I nodded slowly, studying his hand and we were both sort of leaning in closer to look at the size difference. At least, that's what I was doing. Ethan was leaning closer to my face, tilting his head and his lips decended on mine.