[11] Build-A-Bear

psst i posted the prologue for 'captive': http://www.wattpad.com/36589339-captive-harry-styles-au-prologue

THIS CHAPTER IS INTENSE, JUST LETTING YOU KNOW.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Niall Horan

  Later that day, after we ate chicken nuggets that were slightly burnt, I called ahead and reserved a whole section of the mall. And so that I could go out without someone figuring out my identity, I had to throw them an extra three hundred dollars to keep quiet. It was sort of a shame, but it wasn't like I had no money.

  "You didn't have to do this, you know," Avery chuckled as she hopped into the passenger side of my car. Aimee was grinning from ear to ear in the backseat from the news that we gave her. She started screaming and jumping up and down, and I'm not even sure she knows what build-a-bear even means.

  "I know I didn't have to do this, but that doesn't mean I won't." I smiled, glancing over at Avery. Even though we had made up a while before, I still wanted to be careful around her. Earlier just seemed to really shake her up, and I couldn't help but feel like she was afraid of me before.

  "Do I get to keep it?" Aimee asked from the backseat. I reached back and patted her leg, earning a squeal from her.

  "Of course! Why wouldn't you keep your stuffed animal?" I chuckled.

  "My daddy said that-" Aimee began, but I saw Avery give her a look and Aimee fell silent. Something was seriously going on, and I wanted to know about Aimee's dad. Even though I wanted to pry, I knew that Avery would tell me with time.

  "Do we really get the whole place?" Aimee asked. I nodded.

  "Yeah. Have you heard of One Direction before, Aim?" I asked her, looking at her from the mirror above me. She frowned and shook her head, the curls at the top dancing around.

  "Well, that's my band's name. I'm a little bit famous, which means people know who I am. And I don't want my fans to see that I'm here, because I'm really a secret spy." I made up. Avery glanced at me and hit my shoulder.

  "Like Spy Kids?" Aimee asked.

  "Yeah, baby." Avery sighed, leaning in to me. She smelled really good, like something vanilla. "Thanks for that, now I'm gonna have to explain to her that you aren't an international spy." She giggled.

  "But I am an international spy." I said, smiling at her. Today she looked really pretty, her hair was in a ponytail and she wore a plain white t-shirt. She looked beautiful without even trying, I thought, and then I realized that I was still looking at her. I blushed and focused back on the road.

  "We're almost there!" I called out. The mall was a good half an hour away from our Motel 6, so Avery had brought crayons and a coloring book for Aimee. I had seen it before, and each page had a bit of scribbles in it, a completely used book, and on the cover there was a sticker that said Goodwill: 99 cents.

  Once at the mall, I found a parking space quickly and we hurried in. I didn't want to risk anyone seeing me outside, because I knew if just one fan spotted us they'd tweet about it and I'd have to be relocated. And that meant being away from two girls I had grown extremely fond of.