Chapter 36 💝

David's POV

I stayed awake until the morning. Once Livy fell back to sleep, I just sprawled on the couch watching some news on the television.

Around 6:30am, I decided to cook breakfast since I didn't have anything to do  yet.

I got back to the bedroom to check on them and there I saw my little boy crawling playfully around the bed while his mom was peacefully sleeping beside him.

When he saw me, his eyes widen in happiness and he extended his arms to me. I picked him up and he giggled while I kissed his tummy.

"Let's go outside. We don't want mommy to wake up, right?" I tickled him and he happily nodded like he understood what I was telling him about.

I heard the doorbell rang. France and a woman stood outside with worried faces. I let them in and I explained everything that happened last night. The woman introduced herself as Katie, Livy's best friend.

Suddenly, the bedroom door opened and Livy rushed to us. She looked cute in my oversize shirt and  big pajamas. 

Katie and France hugged the anxious Livy. 

"I don't know what to do if something bad happened to you. I will never let them escape the prison." France sworn in a concern tone.

"I'm fine now." She kissed his cheeks. 

I was standing there while carrying my son who was happily bouncing up and down.

"David, thank you for coming on time. Thank you for saving them." France spoke.

"It's my responsibility to protect them France." I replied proudly.

After we ate breakfast,  France drove Katie to work while we were left alone in the house.

I could feel Livy's uneasiness. Every time our skin touched, her skin felt abnormally hot and she sneezed a lot.

She even asked me to keep our baby away from her for a while because she might possibly infect him with her sickness.

"What time are you leaving?" She asked me while rubbing her nose. 

I gave her a confused look.

"You can leave anytime you want. Thank you for coming over."

"I want to stay. I want to take care of you and our son. Please!" I pleaded. 

Luckily, she nodded otherwise we would be having a long discussion again.  

"C'mon baby. Let's take a bath!" I picked up my son and he squealed in happiness.

"I'll bathe him." She offered.  

"No worries, baby. I got it. Just sit there, relax and watch cartoons." I winked at her.

She looked surprised. Yes baby. I still remember you love cartoons.

I never allowed her to overwork herself. I didn't want her doing the chores or the laundry. We had housekeepers to do them but she always insisted to do them by herself.

In her free time, she would watch cartoons or reading books in my library.

There were even times I joined her with popcorns and chips in front of us while watching cartoons.

It was silly to think that a big guy like me was watching cartoons, but watching it with my wife was the best feeling no other man had ever experienced. 

"Can you manage bathing him?"

"Of course I can." I happily answered.  "I read many books about babies so I think I will do good in this."