Ch. 11

The knock on the door wakes me, I lift my head from Truex's chest. "Go away!" I yell, but the knocking continues. I push Truex. "Get the door." I order.

"Just ignore it." He replies, sleepily. "Its just, Mya." 

    I groan and throw the covers off of me. Standing up unsteadily I walk to the door, opening it beyond irritated.

"What?" I ask, looking at a really tall guy with brown hair and blue eyes. He stares at me his mouth opening and closing a few times. "What?" I ask, again with a little more force.

"Is this Truex Marshall's room?" He inquires, smiling as he gets over his shock. I hear Truex spring out of bed.

"I knew it was for him." I complain. "Truex get your ass up. This guy says you owe him money!" I yell, knowing he's already on his way towards the door. The guy laughs and I look behind me to see Truex in his briefs as he pulls me from the door and pushes me toward the bedroom.

    "Clothes!" He demands. Stunned I look down to see his t-shirt, perfectly acceptable to answer a door in. He really has issues. I walk to the bathroom needing to pee and when I look up into the mirror as I wash my hands I realize the shirt it white and see through. Mother fucker! That's embarrassing.

    After drying my hands I walk into the room and see a very angry Truex. "How was I supposed to know it was see through? You should've answered the door. This is your fault." I point out.

"Get dressed. We're going to breakfast." He barks. I don't get why he's upset, its me that was on display, drama queen.

"Okay, but I'm only listening to you because I'm hungry." I reply, pulling out clothes and deciding what to wear. I think about the skirt I packed but decide that might be better for tomorrow. Throwing on dark jeans, a simple black sweater and black boots we leave the room.

In the elevator he finally speaks, "My mom, her boyfriend, Mya and Tate are meeting us. They're still getting ready." He explains, sounding a little less mad than he was earlier. "Why don't we just wait for them?"

His face gets angry again. "Because, were also meeting one of my friends. The one you flashed this morning." He points out.

"You have friends?" I ask, teasingly. When I get nothing but a scowl, I say, "Will you stop acting like it was deliberate? You know I'm not happy it happened either."

He shakes his head. "Sorry."

My eyes widen. "Holy shit. Truex, you just said you were, sorry. Give me your phone. I'm calling, Mya."

"Use your own phone." He smiles.

"Mines broken." I say, holding out my hand for his. Completely serious about calling her.

"Broken? You just had it yesterday." He stares, confused.

"I know and it was turned off this morning." I explain.

"Turned off?"

"Ugh, rich people." I roll my eyes. "My bill was over due. They shut it off. Don't worry." I say, patting his arm. "It's nothing you'll ever have to worry about. Not with a face like yours to pay the bills."

"I'll take care of it." He replies.

I look up to him amused and slightly offended. "No, you won't. This isn't Pretty Woman. I'm not turning tricks for some new clothes and rent money."

The restaurant is located in the hotel which is nice and the smells coming from the kitchen are amazing. Please, let them have French toast and bacon. Truex explains that were meeting someone and the hostess lets us pass, giving Truex a full body scan as we walk by. I can't help but giggle as I make eye contact with her and she turns red. I fan myself and point to him in understanding, making her smile. I tug on the hand he's holding. "You have fans." I point out, as I see people staring at him, specifically.

"Surprised?"

I nod. "Yeah, kinda."

    He doesn't respond as he stops at a large table where the man I "flashed" earlier is seated. "Easton, this is Briar. Briar, Easton." Truex introduces us, pulling out a chair for me. "Everyone else should be here soon."

I wave at Easton awkwardly and hear Mya arguing with her mother from behind us. "No, too early." I whine. They're always like this when they're together. They love each other but cannot agree on anything. Mya and Tate greet Easton like old friends, obviously having known each other for a while. Then Debbie and Ed are introduced.

"When did you get into town?" Mya asks, Easton.

"About an hour ago. I can't check in until three this afternoon. So, I thought I'd go see Truex. He didn't let me in for obvious reasons." He explains, chuckling.

Mya scoffs. "Briar wouldn't of cared."

"Not at all." I agree.

Easton grins widely and looks at Truex. "Even if you wouldn't, Truex sure did. My ears are still ringing."

Truex scowls at Easton and Mya catches on. "Oh, no. What happened?"

No one says anything, so I throw my hands up. "Okay, elephant in the room. I may have answered the door in an inappropriate outfit." I admit. "I'm very sorry." I tell, Easton.

"No apology needed." He replies, smiling widely.

"Gross." Mya, groans.

"It wasn't gross." Easton mutters.

"Why the would you answer a door like that." Mya questions, I can tell she's trying not to laugh. "And why were you wearing an inappropriate outfit?"

"I didn't know it was inappropriate. I didn't realize the shirt I stole from Truex was practically see through." I say, defensively.

"It was a white shirt, that in itself should tell you not to answer the door while wearing it." Truex, states through clenched teeth.

"I thought it was Mya." I point out frustrated. "Its all your fault." I accuse, shaking my head at Mya in disappointment.

"For what you thought?" Mya, recounts laughing.

"Don't you dare." I warn, pointing at her. "Logic will not change my mind on this."

Easton laughs. "I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. I go to the door expecting to see his ugly mug and get the shock of a lifetime."

"Yeah, took you long enough to say something." I reply, amused.

He nods. "I didn't know he was seeing anyone, I wasn't prepared. But the part where you said, Some guy is here, he says you owe him money. Well done." He applauds.

"Thank you! Finally, some recognition." I say, tiredly. "And we're not seeing each other." I tell him, just for clarification.

"Really? Seems like I seen plenty of you last night." Truex reminds me.

I roll my eyes. "And so did Easton this morning. Doesn't mean I'm seeing him either." I point out.

"You hooked up last night?" Mya, practically shouts.

"Not like that." I hiss, looking around."What is wrong with you?" I ask, as people look our way.

"I didn't even know they we're together. This is why I don't like living so far away. You two never tell me anything." Debbie complains, looking left out.

"We're not together." I repeat.

"Yes, we are." Truex argues.

"I swear we talked about this last night." I say, thinking about what was said.

"We did." He agrees.

Confused, I can't recall were we landed on the topic. "I told you about my goals."

"And I showed you mine." He states, firmly.

"Oh, yeah. That conversation did not go the way I intended it to." I mutter to myself.

"Okay, we have to stop taking about this. I want to be able to eat this morning. Whatever is going on between you two, keep it to yourselves."

"Say's the girl who just yelled out our business." I state, sarcastically.

"That was an honest reaction." She points out.

I scoff at her reply and we order breakfast.