37

"We've all had the taste of darkness, but only the most loyal ones found it bitter." -Natalia Schulter, Jedi Knight

--

"You can continue, Master. I must go back to my squad for training." Natalia told Obi-Wan, "Okay, I'll see you soon." Obi-Wan said before walking back to his troops and giving them more orders. "Anakin, I'm coming back." Natalia told Anakin over her comlink, "Okay, Rex and I will be awaiting your arrival, Caleb's coming to pick you up." Anakin said. "Okay, General Schulter out." Natalia said while turning off her comlink.

Natalia sensed something behind her but she couldn't quite figure it out, the presence wasn't familiar, she turned around but no one was there. "You need to stop being paranoid." She told herself, but the presence kept coming closer. "Anakin, scratch that, send Caleb back." Natalia said through her comlink. "What are you talking about?" Anakin asked. "Just don't send him here! It's too dangerous." Natalia said sharply.

"Whatever you say, we'll send Captain Rex instead." Anakin suggested, "That would be better." Natalia agreed. She watched as a gunship came into view up in the sky. Natalia was so busy looking at the sky she didn't pay attention to the sizzling sound of an electropole or the presence she had felt earlier.

"Ah, a Jedi. Your lightsaber would make a fine addition to my collection." A giant droid said from behind Natalia, she spun around to see a white droid with yellow eyes. She gasped as he took out two lightsabers. She took out her lightsaber and put herself in a Soresu stance. "A Jedi trained by General Kenobi himself? This victory will be much more rewarding." The droid said menacingly.

She inspected his lightsabers, they all belonged to Jedi. "I don't know who you are, but all I know is you're a monster!" Natalia yelled as his lightsabers hit her yellow one. The droid just laughed in response as he took out two more lightsabers.

Suddenly a couple of blasts came from the sky, Captain Rex was there to save the day. But some of the droids guards stabbed her with their electropole. She screamed in pain as the electricity coursed through her veins. The white droid stomped on her head, it's claws going through the soil, with the last of her strength she grabbed her lightsaber and cut off one of the droid's arms before everything went black.

A few hours later she came to, she didn't open her eyes but she listened to the droids voices around her. "Alert General Grievous that his prisoner is still alive, and tell the Count she should wake up soon." One of the droid commanders said. Natalia mentally sighed at the thought of seeing Dooku's ugly face again. "Oh Rex, I'm praying you thought of a brilliant plan to get me out of this." Natalia thought.

Natalia tried to move her hand to wipe the blood slowly dripping from the top of her head, but she realised her hands were bound and elevated above her head, her eyes shot open and she looked around, "I'm in a Separatist torture chamber!" She mentally screamed.

"Alert Grievous and Dooku that the prisoner has awoken." One of the droids said. "Oh no oh no oh no." She thought to herself as she tried to get her hands free, but it was no use. "I'm gonna die in here." Natalia thought to herself.

She heard the clicking of Grievous' claws hitting the ground, she sighed and opened one eye, "Why do I have to be a Jedi?" She whispered to herself. "Contact the Jedi Council." She heard Grievous say, "What is he planning to do? Because he's not getting any information out of me." Natalia thought to herself. "I've retrieved information about your prisoner, she's General Schulter, former Padawan of General Kenobi, and wife of Anakin Skywalker, her mai-" The droid started to describe her but Grievous punched it in the face, causing it to fly back. Natalia laughed a bit as she watched the droid get up in confusion. "Now, you will tell me the location of your troops, or you'll die." Grievous threatened. But Natalia refused.

"I will never betray the Republic, Grievous." Natalia spat, but that caused him to get angrier. "Give her a shock, full voltage." Grievous said to the droid at the control panel, "Yes, General." The droid said while cranking a lever, a surge of extreme electricity coursed through her systems, causing her to scream in pain, as soon as it began it stopped, she panted while she dropped her head, "General, we've been able to contact the Jedi." One of the droids said as he walked into the room. Grievous moved a bit so Natalia could be in view, so the Council could watch her suffer. "If you want your precious Jedi's suffering to cease, I suggest you give us the locations of your troops on Ryloth. Or General Schulter will die right here and right now." Grievous threatened, "Give her a full voltage again." He commanded, Natalia gasped before the electricity surged through her body again, causing her scream again. 

"Why are you doing this, Grievous?! She has no idea where the troops are!" Plo Koon yelled, "Then I guess she'll have to die." He said, the Council gasped at his words, Natalia looked up at the Council and started mouthing words, Yoda watched her carefully, "There is a Separatist cruiser above Ryloth, where the blockade was. If you destroy it, you'll destroy Grievous." Natalia mouthed to Yoda, he nodded and looked at Plo Koon, "We'll get you out of there, Natalia, just hold on." Plo Koon said before turning off the hologram. Natalia sighed and dropped her head. Grievous growled in frustration and left the room angrily. Natalia closed her eyes and focussed on all of the objects in the room through the Force, suddenly the binders that were holding her hands turned off and she was dropped to the ground. She looked around at the rubble and destruction she caused, dead droids were scattered across the room and the control panel was crumpled and destroyed. "Hm, looks like I focussed harder than I thought I did." Natalia whispered to herself as she scooped up her lightsaber that was laid on the control panel. "Heh, Grievous forgot to add this to his collection." Natalia said to herself with a slight smile. 

"Skywalker! I freed myself, meet me in the hangar, I'll be there soon." Natalia said through her comlink. "Natalia! How did you get free?!" Anakin asked, "I'll explain later, just get me out of here!" Natalia yelled through her comlink, she was almost at the hangar but was cut short by running into a solid object, she stumbled and fell back, she looked up and saw Grievous.

"You're too pesky to be kept alive, Jedi."