Chapter Thirty Three: Rebuilding And New Abilities

(Your POV)

I awake before Korra whose left arm and leg are sprawled across me. I gently move them so I can get out of the tent. I do so and stretch a bit. I go to my pack and dig out my shirt as I do so I hear someone speak.

Toph: "I may be blind but those are some intense scars." I jerk my head around to see Toph sitting on a large tree root. I shrug and pull out a short sleeve shirt before standing.

You: "Yep." Is all I say as I put my shirt on. She hums in response. "Should I wake her?" I ask Toph after I put my shirt on. She nods yes and I peek my head in the tent. "Korra." I say in a normal tone of voice. She grumbles. "Korra. Time to get up babe." I said smiling slightly. She grumbles more but sits up. She looks at me and I'm still smiling. I hand her the pack. "I packed some of your clothes to. Get dressed and come out here." She nods tiredly and I leave the tent. After about five minutes Korra comes out and looks at Toph.

Toph: "I need to gauge her abilities. Lover boy stand back." She requests me. I oblige and lean against a tree off to the side. They start talking. Korra takes a stance as Toph's back is turned. Korra steps forward only to be slammed by a pillar of rock from the side. I try not to snicker. I then sense Toph's muscles move. I step to my left and a pillar comes from the ground. She turns looking a bit surprised.

You: "You have your seismic sense and I have the ability to detect muscle movement thanks to the electric impulses they give off when they move." She looks a bit surprised But then smirks. I smirk in turn and begin dodging multiple rocks she sends at me. Once I am ab;e to stop for a moment. "Testing me to Blind Bandit? I'm honored." I say sarcastically. She chuckles and sends a rock straight at me. I summon a whip and slice it in half. The two pieces land at either side of me. I see Toph smiling at me.

Toph: "Not bad kid. Not bad at all." Toph says to me sounding impressed. I smile and bow to her respectfully. "Now. Do you wish to join me and Korra? Maybe you can learn something." I chuckle at her but nod my head.

You: "Sure... Though I doubt I'll just pull earth bending out of my ass." I said jokingly. Toph laughs for a bit then smirks at me. She gestures me to follow Korra and her and I do. Once we get to a clearing she turns to us.

Toph: "Practice some basic movements." Toph says to us. Korra nods but I just look confused. "Watch Korra then do what she does lover boy." Toph orders me. I nod my head and watch Korra for a time. One thing that fascinates me about earth bending is the fact one stomps the ground to force a pillar to come up. I watch her for a bit longer and once she ends it I stand beside her.

You: "Bear with me. I'm new to this." I say to them. Toph just stands there and Korra nods.

Korra shows me the beginning moves to focus the bending within me. I follow them and for some reason feel a bit different. She has me take the stance where the tips of my fingers point down and I am in a wide stance. She stomps her foot and a rock comes up. I focus and do the same but to my damn surprise a lightning strike seems to come from the ground with a cracking sound. Korra jumps back while I look surprised. I hear Toph chuckle and I look at her.

Toph: "I was right." Is all she says. I look at the scorch on the ground and look back at her. "Being the unique being you are I had a theory that different bending styles would change how your bending worked." She explained with a small bit of pride in her voice. I go slightly wide eyed. That means I know nothing about my true capabilities.

You: "Holy shit. That means I know nothing..." Is all I say. I'm completely stunned. Korra is looking at me smirking I shake my head and look at her. "What?" I ask her.

Korra: "Toph may be teaching us but after that you're mine handsome." Korra says smirking. It takes me a minute until I realize what she's saying. Ah crap.