Chapter 3

I couldn't keep my eyes from wandering once we entered the castle.

It was so much bigger on the inside, large chandeliers here and there, golden window frames with large red curtains, and a high ceiling.

We passed a huge room with a large table, which I'm guessing would be the dining room.

There were bloodsuckers in every direction, some with pets, some with slaves, some with both.

I met eyes with a couple of pets as we made our way down the corridor.

They were all dressed so differently. Some had a total set of clothes while some were practically naked.

Master didn't seem to care at all about the other Vampires glancing his direction, and then at me.

It made me nervous. I kept my head down for the rest of the walk, figuring I could look around later.

Or maybe I'd be dead by then.

After a few turns and a couple sets of spiral stairs later, Master stopped in front of a very tall door.

This hallway was with other hallways branching off horizontally every 100 or so feet, giving each room it's individual space.

He placed his thumb on the little black box above the door handle before a small click was heard and he opened the door.

I gawked as soon as I stepped foot into the room.

It was huge.

A very spacious bed stood pressed against the wall, its sheets a dark shade of maroon.

On the left was a large window with the same color curtains, following a set of fancy, light grey couches surrounding a glass coffee table.

To the right was a wide desk, with tons of organized files and papers, and next to that was a very tall bookshelf.

There were two other doors, smaller than the first one. One, I'm guessing, would be the bathroom, and the other one... Maybe a closet?

I turned my head to the left again and paused as I saw the thing sitting in the corner.

A cage. It didn't look that much bigger than the one I've lived in for the past five years. I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat as I spotted the whip, muzzle, and a couple other things that were usually used on pets sitting on top of it.

I jumped out of my thoughts as I felt his fingers graze against my neck.

My head turned to see him lean down a bit so he could get a better look

I just watch in a nervous confusion as he slipped the collar from around my neck.

My muscles tensed as his fingers began to trace where my old collar used to be, a slight pain radiating from it.

"We'll have to fix this." His husky voice said, still looking at my neck.

I just continued to stare, not knowing what else to do, or what I should do.

Fix what? The mark on my neck, or the fact that it hasn't had a set of fangs buried into it before?

The later one seemed more logical.

He removed his hand from my neck and leaned up, making his way over to the desk.

I just stood there, unsure of what to do.

"Dinner is in 30 minutes so go ahead and take a shower," He said, setting my collar and leash on the desk, "I'll have some clothes ready for you by the time you get out, just set the ones you have on now on the sink."