LV - Warriors

Happy Birthday JoJo. :3 squigglesquirrel

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fifty-Five

A year had passed since Jacob's death.

Many things had changed. Seline and Jordan had both immersed themselves in their work. They stayed with the Avengers, and became even closer with them. As time passed, they became less like a team, and more like a family. The guys all got along wonderfully, despite their somewhat troubled past. Seline got along very well with Natasha and Wanda, as well as Annaque. Annaque had joined them as well after she got rid of Malachai. She had realized that Malachai was power-hungry, and knew that it was only a matter of time before he destroyed everyone and everything he loved. Including her. So, she did something about it. Soul-Stealers were remarkably strong, so she was certainly an asset. Thor and Loki were much closer as well, which pleased Seline. It seemed like the past was just that; the past.

One thing that had stayed the same, however, was Seline's love for Loki. They were almost always together, so much so that Jordan had begun to call them "the magnets". Loki had helped Seline stay sane after all the trouble that had occurred in their lives in that past year.

Loki came back into the living room with a bowl of grapes, plucking a green one into his mouth before sitting down beside her. "So, where do you think that Jordan has run off to this time?"

Jordan had become especially close with Tony, Thor, and Steve, and was spending a lot of his time with them. Seline, however, had become closest with Clint, Natasha, and Wanda. Seline was very happy that he was making friends again, though they hadn't really spent a lot of time together in a while.

"Probably with Thor somewhere," she hummed, stealing a grape from Loki who only smirked at her.

They continued talking, and Seline had just mentioned an old fighting technique she had been reminded of when she had last sparred with Natasha. Of course, she stopped talking about it when they heard the ding of the elevator and were soon greeted to the sight of Tony rummaging around in her kitchen.

"What exactly are you doing?" she asked.

"Looking for your Scotch."

"I mean, what are you doing on my floor?"

"It's my building, I can go where I want," he smirked at her as he finally found a bottle and set it on the counter of the island.

"It's called 'The Avengers Tower'. Not 'The Tony Tower'."

"I own the building."

"Pepper likes me more."

Tony narrowed his eyes at her.

Loki, however, started snickering from the doorway. Seline smacked his shoulder, and he just laughed harder.

"What the hell is so funny, Frosty?" Tony asked, though the smile didn't disappear from his face.

"The two of you arguing reminds me of the way Thor and I used to act when we were children."

Seline rolled her eyes, then sat on a stool at the island. "So, Tony, what else do you want? Though you love your alcohol, you wouldn't make the trip down here just for some Scotch."

"You know me too well," he hummed, getting a glass and pouring himself a drink before finally talking. "I happen to know that a certain group of people in Viking warrior cosplay might have just suddenly popped up in Manhattan an hour ago."

Seline blinked twice. "You mean...?"

"There may have also been a shot of blue lightning stuff come down from the sky too."

"Do you think it's Sif and the Warriors Three?" Seline asked Loki.

Loki simply shrugged. "Hel if I know. But if it is them, then I imagine something rather horrific has happened. Heimdall wouldn't allow them to just come to Earth for a visit."

"Shall we go and find them?" she asked.

Loki nodded, and all three of them walked out to the elevator. Loki was visibly concerned about the whole thing. He had grabbed his jacket, while Tony still had his bottle of Scotch and was gripping it a little tighter now. It seemed that he had been unaware that the warriors would not come just to visit.

He turned to face her right before the elevator's bell went off, signalling that it had finally reached their floor. "I should probably warn you, the four of them get a little eccentric when they see old friends after a long while. You should probably prepare yourself."

Seline blinked when she heard a new set of heartbeats, and leaned a little to the right. She saw her four old friends standing behind Thor, and couldn't help but smile a little. "Too late."

However, that smile faded very, very quickly when she saw that none of them seemed at all happy to see her and Loki. The faded smile turned into a frown when she saw that Thor had glistening eyes and a locked jaw. Jordan came out from behind them, and Seline was surprised to see him.

He was not happy, not like he usually was when he was with Thor. He looked worried and uncertain, especially when he laid eyes on Loki again.

"Brother? What is it?" Loki asked, crossing over the short distance to stand in front of him. He glanced at Jordan, then at Thor with expectation.

When Thor didn't answer, the four warriors behind him moved forwards. They were going to say something, when Thor's voice cut through the air like a knife through butter.

"Odin is dead."