Chapter 28

The Best Day-Taylor Swift

I get home and see my mom in the living room sitting on the couch, texting a hundred miles an hour, she doesn't even notice me. I walk into the living room "mom? Is everything okay?" I ask gently. Mom's head whips up to look at me with wide eyes. She quickly locks her phone and stuffs it into her purse. "everything's great honey. I was just waiting for you, its movie day" my mom said smiling up at me. I squint my eyes at her. Something seemed fishy. I listen closely to her thoughts.

I've got to be more careful, she almost found out about her surprise birthday present. Be casual.

She thinks and I almost laugh.

Today is movie day. It's something my mom and I made up to make sure we take time off to hang out and not get lost in our separate lives. We do it the 16th of every month. It's basically where my mom goes out and buys a bunch of snacks and drinks and we stay up way late watching movies from horror to romance to chick flick.

A guilty feeling washes over me "oh mom, I forgot all about that, it's like 10 at night, do you want to reschedule?" I ask my mom waves my words off "psh no it's fine, only ten o'clock, I'm not that old honey" she says. So I sit down on the couch next to my mom and she gets up and goes to the kitchen, coming back a few minutes later with Oreos, ice cream, pop corn, chips, Soda, pizza, and my personal favorite, goldfish.

When she sits down I give her a tight hug "you're my favorite mom" I tell her giving her a kiss on the cheek. "And you're my favorite daughter" she says. Yes she's my only mom, and yes I'm her only daughter, I don't know how this thing started, but my mom and I say that to each other all the time, it's like our thing.

Throughout the night we watch Chucky, Mean Girls, Saw, and Footloose. We laugh, joke, cringe, and laugh some more. I love these days I have with my mom. It's impossible to feel closer when I'm with her like this, we become like best friends.

By the time we've finished the fourth movie, mom is yawning up a storm, but she's trying to act like she's not sleepy because she doesn't want to seem old or lame. So I fake a yawn "I'm really tired now, can we go to bed?" I ask feigning sleepiness. My mom looks relieved that I'm sleepy "if you want old grandma" she teases. I stick my tongue out at her before getting up and heading to my room.

I'm not actually sleepy at all so I pull out my laptop and sit cross legged on the bed. For some reason I have this serious urge to investigate, search up everything I remember about what Jake had told me that night he slept on the floor in my bedroom. First I search up Slyder.

At first all that comes up is Instagram names and some sliding phone case thing. I go to the second page, third page, fourth page, fifth page, finally on the eighteenth page, I see a headline that says "Slyder, the red masked killer" I click on that and it's a completely empty page, or so I thought at first. I stared at the page for forever, looking at every little detail of the completely blank white page. In the very corner of the bottom left side. There's a teeny tiny spot where it's not white, if you weren't zoomed all the way up and staring deeply at it, you wouldn't notice it, but I do. I move the mouse over and click onto the teeny tiny cream colored dot, immediately the page disappears and a new one pop up. In big bold letters it says "Riddle me this, riddle me that, what is the name of the book of Serimboniamat?" Serimboniamat? What is that? I click onto a new tab and search "the book of serimboniamat" instantly page after page pops up talking about the book of serimboniamat. Well that was easy. I click onto the one that says "the book of serimboniamat, all that you need to know"

The book of serimboniamat, A.K.A the book of Erons. What is this book? What does it do? What is it about? We'll answer all of these questions just please be patient and read about a little bit of history first.