viii. memories

||CHAPTER EIGHT||
'MEMORIES'

I lied silently on Nick's chest, eyes closed, lips sealed

I lied silently on Nick's chest, eyes closed, lips sealed. He stays silent kissing my forehead every so often. It was 6 o'clock in the morning, I can't believe it has been five hours since we found Pete's body.

"Everything's okay." Nick repeated into my ear every few minutes.

I begin to sit up with my back facing him and throw my head into my hands. Nick's hand rubs soothing circles on my back, staying silent.

"When did it all get so complicated?" I ask him in a whispered tone.

I hear him shuffle around and the bed creek under the weight of Nick's lean body, moving over to me. "The minute you and Elena left, Ellie" Nick whispered making his way towards my back.

He sits behind me, my back pressed against his front and his legs stretching around my hips to settle each side of mine. I subconsciously lean my head back against his shoulder, closing my eyes at the feeling of his lips press softly against my forehead.

"What happened when we left?" I ask him.

I didn't talk to anyone once I left, except for Clay but he never mentioned anything except for himself and me.

"The house slowly became dull and depressed without you and Elena around. Jeremy, he didn't talk much, unless it had to do with pack business but he was never as playful as he was with you two. And Clay? He went on a rampage for a few weeks, losing Elena and you all in the same day, it killed him."Nick tells me leaning his back against the top of the bed.

"What about you?" I ask him, suddenly very interested in the subject.

I turned around to face him sitting in between his legs with my own legs crossed. I move closer and grab his hands, wrapping them around my waist.

"I missed your laugh and the way it would put a smile on everyone's face, even when the house felt depressed and down. The way you used to greet everyone with a big grin and a warm, greeting hug, even if most of the time you barely knew them." He laughs. I giggle and grin up at him.

"That sound I missed the most, your giggle. It used to bounce off the walls of the house and make everyone's day. Or the way you used to come into my room when you had a nightmare, you would come in, pull the covers up and cuddle into my arms, rub your cold feet against my warm ones. Sure I would want to kill you for making my feet cold but I missed it when you left." I blushed and hid my face in his chest, suddenly embarrassed by the conversation.

"Or the way you used to call my dad your dad too, it made him so happy. He used to tell me almost every day that he always wanted a daughter to take care of and love, just like how he was with you." Nick continues staring into the distance.