Chapter Forty-Six

|Danaë|

"We need to link up sometimes, I missed spending time with you," Adrianna complained. I was on my way to go see Myles, and bumped into her as she was walking out of Myles hospital room. I was going to avoid her but I knew that was going to be impossible because all she did was talk.

"I know, college just took over my whole life. I'm thinking about transferring to a college down here tho'. Alabama is so boring compared to New Orleans," I said.

"Please, these ratchets in New Orleans will make you wish you could go somewhere else. I wish my hardheaded ass brothers would leave, especially Myles. I'm leaving to go off to Howard next year and before I leave I want to make sure he's good. He's the youngest and Draco and I, have to look out for his ass. Draco's always in the streets so I know he won't have time to watch over him like I do," she said shaking her head.

"Yea, I agree Myles needs to stop running these damn streets. I know Draco won't stop because, it's in his blood. I'm surprised he hasn't join Icy and them in the drug business," I said.

"I know that's right. Well I won't keep you any longer, just wanted to let you know that I missed you. Now you have my number, so don't hesitate to use it," she said before hugging me. I watched her leave before turning to walking down the hall to Myles' hospital room.

I peeped in Myles's hospital room to make sure no one was in there but him, before I walked in with a Get Well gift. I knew he was sleeping from the light snores that were coming from him. He stirred in his sleep as I tiptoed over to his bed with the huge card and balloons in my hands.

Just as I placed it on the counter next to his bed, someone walked out the bathroom. I turned around to see Peanut. We locked eyes and he small smile at me. I wanted to smile bad but my attitude wouldn't allow me to. I looked at him one more time before looking away from him.

"Wassup Danaë," he said. I nodded at him before turning around to Myles, who was stretching and yawning. I smiled at him. He was the cutest person when he yawned. He smiled when he seen me, and quickly sat up.

"Good morning beautiful. Wasn't expecting to wake up to see something as sexy as you, but a nigga ain't complaining," Myles flirted. I chuckled before shaking my head. He looked over at Peanut then nodded his head.

"Why must you be so silly Myles. It's a little warm in here, do you mind if I turn the air on," I asked. He threw his hands up and shook his head. I walked pass Peanut to the thermostat and turned the air off. Afterwards I removed my jacket from my arms and threw it across the hospital sofa.

"Damnnnnnnn," I heard both of them said from behind me. I turned around and frowned at the both of them. Myles had his mouth wide open while Peanut nodded his head with a smirk. I swear boys never think with their big heads. I smacked my lips before picking my jacket up and tying it around my waist. They both groaned and boo'd me.

"Now why would you cover up something that God gave you. Yo body is too banging to be cover up by some dingy ass jean jacket," Myles complained. I rolled my eyes and walked up to his gifts.

"Would the two of you stop it. Anyways I bought you something," I said gathering the card and balloons. His face lit up and he rubbed his hands together.

"Damn girl you a keeper. You out hea' buying me stuff and shit like I'm yo husband. I can tell you love the hell out of me," he said. Peanut started to cough and say something slick but I was unable to understand it. I handed Myles the card and Peanut helped him open it. Myles read over the card and laughed. Peanut frowned before cutting his eyes at me.

"This some sweet shit hea'. 'Nut check this out; Roses are red, My heart is fat, Take me on a date as soon as you get well or cash me ousside how bowdah," Myles read out loud. "Bruh I swear you crack me up. I gotcha tho'. The first thing I'm doing when I get out this hell hole is take you out, I promise. You came thru for a nigga multiple times." I blushed and shrugged my shoulders.