Chapter 3

I slammed my body against the door of the car but it didn't budge for the hundredth time. How many times had I been hitting it with my body? Shouldn't it be flying off because of my strength?

"The door is of high quality, sweetheart. Please stop doing that." I heard one of them say, probably the guy with the brown hair because my supposed-to-be prey's voice doesn't sound like that. My blood boiled and my soul began whispering loudly inside of me.

It's like a heartbeat. Yet, our souls always whisper in a slightly quick speed. Probably like a really good rapper who can whisper-rap. Like I mentioned, it's like those creepy ghost whispers in horror movies. Sometimes low and quick in speed, sometimes loud and quick in speed.

The louder our souls whisper is like the louder and faster a human's heart would beat when in a situation that causes the heart to change its pace. The quieter our souls whisper is like the calmer the heartbeat is.

"Let me out, you Witch!" I screamed and felt my fangs elongate. My soul was enraged. She wanted to be out of here. Having a stupid blindfold around my eyes and a thick rope drowned in vervain wasn't helping at all.

Vervain is dangerous for us Vampires. Thank Hell the humans do not know vervain exists and praise the Devil that they do not know we exist. Vervain can burn our skin, or insides if we drink, like acid but not kill us. Small amounts are not that bad but a full-glass-amount is bad for us. It burns and causes an ugly rash.

"Did you really just insult a Pureblood?" the voice says, a hint of irritation in his tone. "You should be overjoyed that he wants you."

I hissed really loud, I was sure they had to at least flinch. Calling a Vampire or a Pureblood Witch is extremely insulting because Vampires and Purebloods do not get along with Werewolves and Witches, especially Witches. We do not like them. It's like insulting and degrading our entire family and our dignity, along with our pride.

"Let me out! How dare you blindfold and tie me with bloody vervain! You sickening Witch!"

The car came to an abrupt stop and I found my head bumping into the headrest of the passenger's seat. I heard a low hiss that made the corners of my lips twitch.

"If you don't control your girl I swear I'll do it for you, Sebastian!" said the baby-faced Pureblood. So, my meant-to-be prey's name is Sebastian? Interesting.

I heard a door slam shut and then the air around me changed. The door opposite to my door opened and I felt the seat dip a little. The Pureblood was sitting next to me.

"Jay, give me a moment." said the Pureblood. So, baby-face's name is Jay? That's interesting, too.

Again, I heard a door open and then slam shut. After a moment of silence, the unexpected happened. I hunched forward with a gasp as I experienced another wave of unbearable pain. This time, it was like someone was twisting my insides mercilessly and trying to tie them in a knot. I bit my lips very hard, already able to taste the familiar, chilly liquid. My eyes watered but I wouldn't allow them to shed their tears. No way was I doing that. Even if the blindfold was covering my eyes, he'd still be able to smell my tears.