Chapter 18

I woke up beside Jace, we never did anything, turning a friendship into something more didn't really work, it was a good laugh though and we shared some nice kisses but that was as far as I let it go. I didn't really want him, my best friend to have sex with me, I was scared it would change things, hopefully a few kisses won't.
Since the boy sleeps through anything it wasn't hard to slip out of the bed and make my way down stairs. Mum had left for work per usual so I was shocked to see two figures in the kitchen.
"Morning K"
"Liam, Eli. Why are you in my house, and that coffee better be for me" Liam passed me the cup smiling sheepishly "thanks" I mumbled sipping the warm caffeine.
"We were bored and couldn't find Jace so came to annoy you" Liam, sweet Liam.
"That's because Jace is asleep here, he refused to leave last night" both boys mouths dropped and they raised eyebrows "shut up" I knew their thoughts just from expressions "now, since Jace won't be up for a while, your welcome to stay here whilst I go get food or you can come" the two boys followed me out the house to the corner store where I brought the stuff mum left on a lost and a few treats.

I was sitting in the trolley as Eli pushed me and Liam grabbed the stuff off the list as we came to a stop, I looked up to see a body in front of out trolley "Lucy?" Lucy Walsh was a girl that was in our year, I've never had anything to do with her.
"Where is Jace?" She asks quite harshly, Liam took a step back to stand next to Eli, all of us just looked at each other quite confused "fine don't answer, just tell him to return my calls, we need to talk" I nodded and she walked off. I spun around to face Eli and Liam giving them a questioning glare.
"He slept with her a month or two ago, when you guys weren't talking"
"Oh" I can't deny, it hurt to hear that but I can't get mad, I've slept with Alex a few times, we weren't together, he can do whatever he wants "let's go pay"

"Where were you guys?" Jace asked from the couch as we entered the house, I dropped the bags in the kitchen walking straight past him, I didn't want to snap at him, I had no right to but I wanted to hit him. Once I took some deep breaths I walked into the lounge room where all the boys were sat "Lucy Walsh asked us to get you to call her back, sounded kinda important" I said sitting down.
"Lucy Walsh? She talked to you guys, I slept with the girl once when we were drunk, she won't stop calling me" hearing it was a meaningless fuck makes me feel a lot better, I can't be mad at Jace anyway.
"Mate, call her, she was kinda pissed" Eli added putting a firm hand on his shoulder.
"Uh okay, I'm i'll go call her now" we nodded as Jace grabbed his phone walking out side.

"Okay what do we think it is?" I asked secretly really mosey wanting to know.
"Maybe she left her bra?" Eli suggested making me laugh.
"Bet you she's pregnant" Liam calls, I almost choke.
"No way" I argued
"20 bucks she is" Liam smirks
"40 she isn't" Eli adds
"Cut it you guys. God your such jerks" I groan throwing pillows at them. I flicked on the TV to see a re run of friends playing, we all clapped along to the theme song like idiots, per usual. About half way through the episode we heard the back door open and close. We all faced Jace, his hair had been pulled in almost every direction and he looked like he was about to cry, I muted the TV, none of us daring to speak so I did the only thing that seemed remotely right, I wrapped my arms around him hugging him, firstly he didn't respond but then in an instant he was hugging me so tightly I could barely move "God I fucked up" he sniffed into my shoulder, behind him I could see Eli passing Liam 20 bucks, Liam won the bet. She's pregnant.

We all just sat on the couch staring at the TV, which was still muted mind you. I wasn't going to say anything and I didn't think the boys were going to until Liam opened his bloody trap "soooooooo Jace, can I be its uncle?" Right there and then I almost pulled a knife on that damned boy, I punched him hard in the arm making him whine like a little 3 year old boy "what I was just asking"
"She wants to get rid of it" Jace finally spoke.
"Like an abortion?" I mumbled finally meeting eyes with him but she shook his head yes.
"Yeah, she just want me to call to pretty much abuse me, call me an idiot and that she'll need help paying for it" there was emotions in his eyes that I couldn't quite pick, I didn't know what he was feeling, only that he was hurt and mad. As he dropped his head in his hands I gave Eli a pointed look, he grabbed Liam dragging him out the house leaving us alone. I squatted in front of Jace pulling his hands away from his very red face "you made a mistake, everyone does, don't worry it'll be okay, at least she doesn't want to keep it" he gave me a small smile as I heard my phone start ringing in the kitchen, I gave him a small smile running to the kitchen answering my phone.