Chapter 4- Till You Come Back Home

The guitar came the next morning in a box blacker than her eyes and sealed with a white bow of satin. No note, no words, just the guitar she had her heart set on for years- even though it had only come on the market recently. She could have bought it, her father would have given her the huge increase on her allowance- but he wouldn't be able to come home for a long while. And he barely came home every three months. 

Snow palmed the box, opening it carefully and whistling lowly when she saw the guitar. A Supro Orzark that had been through the wars and gently handled by her idol. Snow wasn't an amazing guitarist- rather, slightly better than the average guitarist. No, it was her voice that was her main talent. Rough and husky with a very large range and raw emotion tinging the notes- Snow knew she was good. 

But no one else did. 

Snow kissed the body of the guitar then walked up the stairs of her three story house to her room, setting it gently on her California King Bed. She would appreciate it, use it and keep it as a treasure. Brutus was better than thought. 

Big, brawny with a tough scowl and 5 o'clock stubble- he had dark looks that every woman dreamed about in her life. Almost the exact opposite of Snow's white looks, she shook her head as she remembered their more than similar personality. 

A bell rang on the door and Snow jumped up, walking down the stairs to the mahogany doors. She opened them and her eyes widened, stepping back with a cautious look on her face despite the churning in her stomach. 

Brutus stood in front of Snow, smoke dangling from his full lips, hands shoved lightly in his pockets. His eyes ran quickly down her body, a gleam of something flashing in his eyes before he moved his gaze to her face. 

"I'd prefer it if you looked at my eyes instead of my tits" She murmured, leaning on the door frame. Her gaze went behind him, then back as she raised a brow. "Where's Mave?" 

"Mave?" they were close enough for nicknames now? 

"Yes. Mavon. He owes me breakfast" 

Brutus inwardly bared his teeth, not liking the fact she liked his brother better than him. He shook it off and jerked his head to the car. "You're having breakfast with me today. And skipping first half" 

Snow rolled her eyes and turned back inside. "Only if you get my name out of the speeding registry" She walked inside, hips swaying in her black joggers. Brutus liked that she told him what she wanted- the fact she was blunt and not a girl who faked not wanting anything. It was refreshing and easy to comply with. 

He followed her inside, looking around her obviously expensive and luxurious house. Brutus had heard of the unbeatable attorney Gervais Black and his equally as doting manner towards his daughter. If anything, he was the epitome of doting father, going as far to say as 'everything I am, is for my daughter.' Brutus believed him too. 

A three story mansion with a rooftop pool and exquisite lawn- their estate almost matched Brutus' own. But Brutus was well into being a billionaire, and Gervais was bordering on it. 

Snow glided up the stairs, pulling a bag out of thin air and tying her hair into a messy bun. "I like the house" 

Snow gave him what might have been a small smile and stopped at the bottom of the spiral staircase. "My daddy built it for me-basing it right off the dreams I had as a child" 

Brutus took note of the sadness edging her words. "Had?" 

Her face shut off, black eyes turning to stone as she slipped on a pair of Fenty scuffs. Brutus raised a brow but didn't comment, following her out the doors. Dreams and childlife were out of the equation.