»part 19 » acid

I was having the worst trip of my life

I don't remember what happened.

My body temperature was through the roof. Sweat was beating down my face like bullets. I felt like I was burning through my clothes even though I was wearing a tank top and shorts. My head felt like a million degrees and my hair felt heavy. It felt like I was walking on the sun.

It's the middle of the night...at least I think it is? The street lights are on. They're brighter than usual, illuminating splashes of pink and red and orange every where I look. It's kind of hurting my eyes which doesn't help the pounding that's taking place in my head.

With every step I take, it's like the ground is pushing up. It's kind of like I'm walking on the edge of a building. I walk extra slow, in fear of falling through the earth straight into hell.

Even though it's the middle of the night, I still hear voices. I'm pretty sure they're voices. As I walk down a street somewhere on the north side, all I can hear is laughing. Men laughing. Women laughing. And when they speak, oh god when they speak, they sound like the adults in Charlie Brown. Their voices sound muffled and distorted. My breathing speeds up as fear starts to set in.

I look at the sky above me. The stars shine like they're on high and the navy clouds look like they're about to fall to the ground.

I squint my eyes shut and wrap my arms around myself as a cold drift sets in.

I think I remember.

I shake my head. I was with Bobby. Yeah, that's right. Bobby and I were at a party on the north side. We were having fun with his friends. We were dancing. We were singing. We were drinking. We were smoking. Bobby and I were making out in someone's bedroom when he pulled out plastic bag from his pocket. He told me it would help me relax and get in the mood. It was a tablet. Acid.

Fuck, it's like I forgot.

My breathing picks up when I remember what happened. After we took the tab, Bobby wanted to go find more booze. We were in a car. I don't remember getting in the car but I remember being in it. We were driving really fast with all the windows down. When we got the store, Bobby told me to wait in the car. That's when the drugs really start to hit. After a fit of the giggles, I looked up to see Bobby talking to some blonde outside the store. She was touching his arm and he was staring at her rack with a hungry look on his face. My blood boiled when I saw her lean in to kiss his cheek.

I jumped out of the car quicker than quick. There was yelling. So much yelling. Mainly from Bobby. He was calling me possessive and jealous. That's when I slapped him. He gripped my upper arms before shoving me to the ground. That vicious action caused the whole Earth to shake as I hugged the ground for security.

When my vision become steady, he was getting into the car with the blonde. And just like that, he was gone.

I was having a panic attack. As I thought about how I ended up here, the air became thinner and my skin grew colder. Goosebumps were plaguing me as I felt stringy hair stick to my perspired forehead. As I walked down the street to nowhere, it felt like people were crowding the sidewalk. My vision was duplicating everyone and their faces and it's like they were laughing at me with their distorted Charlie Brown voices. Their faces we're morphing into different shapes as they continued laughing at me and pointing with their fingers. Colors were shifting right in front of my eyes. One second I was seeing everything in green and the next everything was pink.