Chapter 34

Chapter 34

**

I woke up at the alarm blaring in my ears. I groaned and shut it off. I sat up on my bed and looked around as I remembered what happened yesterday. Great, just great.

I'm still standing on my decision about not letting it affect me. I'm going to be strong no matter what. I looked at the alarm to see it was 6:45 am. I decided to wake up extra early today to get ready.

I was still on the fourth floor. I stood up and paddled downstairs towards my room. Closing the door behind me, I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and took a warm shower. I stood under the water for few seconds and then wrapped a towel around me and went to my closet. I stood in my closet thinking what to wear.

I picked a ripped jeans and a white crop top with black boots. Then, I walked towards my dressing table and pulled out my Paris pendant. I applied a little make up and baby pink lip gloss. Since my hair was naturally straight, I brushed it once. Giving myself a once over, I took my bag and some files which I have been neglecting.

I walked downstairs with my bag on my shoulder. I'm guessing that my family is already in the dining room and I can bet, no one must have talked or said a word.

Just as I stepped in the dining room, everyone snapped their head towards my direction in shock. I raised an eyebrow and placed my hands on my hips.

"What?" I asked, flipping my hair and walking towards my chair next to Will. He just sat there shock.

"Are you alright?" Blake asked, cautiously. But before I could reply, Max hit the back of his head. "What the hell!?" He said, glaring at Max.

"You can't ask that." Max hissed.

"Why the hell not?" Blake said in irritation.

"She might cry?" Ethan whispered, which wasn't actually a whisper if I can hear it.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to cry."

"She heard me. How is that possible?" Ethan, yet again tried to whisper.

"Because you ain't actually whispering, idiot." Nate said, smacking his head.

"I am." He whispered.

I blinked and just sat as they argued. I shrugged and took the food in my plate. I sat back down and began eating. I looked up to see they were still arguing. Really? I mean, how is this even possible? I looked at Ryan who sat there blinking at me. I raised my eyebrows, giving him a what-are-you-staring-at look.

"Are you for real?" Ryan finally muttered loudly, causing the argument to halt.

"From where I am. Yes! I'm real." I said, nodding.

"But you ain't crying. You ain't yelling. You're behaving like everything is normal. Why?" He asked, looking directly at me.

I placed my fork down and looked ahead. "What do you want me to do? Cry, yell, throw things. Is it going to help?"

"Yeah. I like this Gwen better than a crying Gwen." Dad butted.

"Yeah? You were the one who was most scared on how she will be behaving." Mom pointed at him.

Ryan looked at Dad and pulled his tongue out. Dad narrowed his eyes. "He pulled his tongue at me."

Everything was silent for a while. Then we all burst out laughing. And let me tell you, it wasn't forced at all.

"But jokes aside. Gwen, are you alright?" Nate asked.

I smiled and nodded. "Never better."

After breakfast was over, it was time for school. I wasn't taking my car, since Ryan asked me to come with him, but Will had different plans. He asked me to drive with him. I nodded and went with Will.