6 - Body Tempering

As expected,  Yulrir woke up early. It was 4 in the morning,  the sun hasn't shone yet but Yulrir is already full of vigor.  He brought out the book that was given to him by his beloved big brother.  With full of expectations,  he read the contents and studied like his whole life depends on it.

Yulrir possesses an innate talent of great perception.  He can easily understand things without a need of external force. He started reading around 2 and half years old,  making him a genius but in regards of physical capabilities,  he, unfortunately, lacks it due to his omega meridian structures.  Instead of giving up on it,  Yulrir still promised to himself not to mind it and continue to persevere.  His big brother saw it and didn't want to waste it so the moment he was accepted as a disciple of a top-tier academy,  he wasted no time finding a way to help his adorable little brother.

After an hour, Yulrir closed the book he was reading and let out a heavy sigh. He tucked the book away and placed it beneath his pillows. 

"So to temper a body means to constantly breakthrough your body limits." If one's meridians aren't enough to perceive Qi- one could go back to the ancient way of warriors and that is with the use of harsh training.  It isn't as easy as the usual warrior cultivation who cultivates by absorbing qi's but instead one should undergo a series of training which stretch out a body's limit and tempering it up.  Aside from undergoing hard and painful training, this type of cultivation is painfully slower than the usual warrior cultivation.  Knowing this,  Yulrir can only grunt but he understood that this world is harsh for someone who didn't have strength.  He is an omega and his family can't possibly protect him forever.  He didn't want to be a burden as well and somehow as a son,  he wanted to make them proud.  With all his heart and mind,  he resolutely promised to face this type of cultivation and will only achieve success.

With his small body, he strode to his usual training place,  beside the large pond where he usually meditates.  With a deep exhale he started to gather all of his mana to his wrists, abdomen, and ankles, he willed his mana to create a small binding shackle-like steels around those areas.  As a magician and with constant training every day,  he unknowingly reaches a rank higher than a white mage middle class so casting a spell like this is as easy as killing an ant.  With a satisfied smile,  Yulrir started to feel the bindings. On his delicate small body, you could see rings bound on both of his wrists and ankles and a steel-like undergarment on his upper body.  He began to feel the weight on his body. According to the way of body tempering,  one should start having a weight on each of the wrists of 15kg, upper body bind should have 20 kg and each of the ankles should have a bind of at least 15 kg. It should be adjusted up according to one's limit as time goes by.  With a frown,  Yulrir tried to move and can only helplessly sigh. 

"This... They are that heavy? " Yulrir mumbled. Yulrir started to walk slowly around the pond.  If one can see him,  they'll describe him like a snail.  He can feel his muscles being stretched but he can only sigh in pain.  If you are to remove his mask,  you'll see a painful frown starting to collect over his beautiful face.  He continued walking for 2 hours around the pond and came to halt to rest for a bit. He sat in his usual meditative stance to calm his mind a bit. He closed his eyes and calmed his mind.

After a few minutes, a call from afar rang out.  "Yulrir--- there you are! Come inside and let's eat breakfast!  Milords are waiting. " Lien finished with a satisfied smile.

Hearing that,  Yulrir immediately opened his eyes and stood up. He quickly turned around and nod excitedly to Lien.  "I'll be there in a bit!"

Yulrir carefully strode towards Lien.  He kept the weights attached to him but unlike before...  He can now at least walk straight. Seeing Yulrir like that,  Lien could only smile with admiration at his little master.  She knew how hardworking he is,  so she didn't bother to ask Yulrir to take off the weights he had. Yulrir grabbed Lien's hand and started walking.

"Ehhh?  Where are we going?  Don't tell me---" Yulrir asked innocently as he was puzzled because they were walking off opposite of his courtyard.

"Ahh! We are going to the main manor where the Milords live. Starting today, you are now allowed to go to every corner of the manor.  Even your residence,  if you would like...  We can move them back to the main manor." Lien concluded excitedly.

"Really? " With an excitement in his voice, Yulrir looked up to Lien with an expecting smile on his face.  Lien is unable to see Yulrir's eyes due to the mask but she can totally imagine in her mind how happy Yulrir's face is making right now.

"Yes truly!!!" Lien squeezed Yulrir's hand with assurance.  She knew how his young master longed for this type of treatment from the clan.  "Let's go before the food gets cold. Everyone is waiting for you. " Lien quickened their walking phase. Yulrir with a shocked face,  since he was holding Lien's hand,  he was forced to walk faster too.

With all this excitement and longing -- but with the weights attached to his body and was now forced to walk quicker.  He didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.