13: Leave In Awkwardness

Song: Clocks

Artist: Coldplay

Leave in Awkwardness

Looking in the mirror I buttoned up my blue checked shirt. Then I took my belt and put it on to hold my black jeans. I decided on casual yet a simple outfit that showed I wasn't going too far. Besides, it's just two people having a dinner together.

Alicia just seemed to ruin the mood of everything since she brought Juliana up. Now I can't get her out of my mind. I've never thought of her for the past few months up until now.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs, into the kitchen. I called over Lucas, the family butler and he was delighted to prepare the dinner. He told me not to worry and that he'll do everything when I got home the table was set and he was busy cutting up the vegetables.

"My, my sir you look rather dashing. Not too dressy, not too formal just superb." Lucas commented as he stood behind the stove.

"Thank you, Lucas," I said running a hand through my hair.

I glanced over at the dining table to see it decked and candles lit. I let out a chuckled causing Lucas to raise his head. He followed my gaze as I watched the corner of his mouth twitch up.

"Would you like champagne sir?" he asked as I sat opposite him on the island.

"Not yet. What are you preparing?" I asked as I peeked over to see him throwing ingredients into a pot.

I would cook myself but I came home late from work. Plus Lucas is like a friend to me rather a butler so he was glad enough to do it, especially since it's a Smith.

"Well sir I first thought on Shrimp Florentine Paste but maybe Miss Gabriella doesn't like seafood so I decided on Lemon Butter Skillet Chicken," Lucas answered with a proud look on his face.

"That sounds delicious," I said lowering my head and raising my wrist to check the time.

"What time will Miss Gabriella be arriving?" Luca asked.

"She should be here in ten minutes," I replied then looked at him.

"How's my hair?" I asked since I've run my hand through it a million times today.

"Honestly sir, it's seen better days." He said while maintaining eye contact. My lips parted as I stared at him with a glum look on my face. His eyes widened then got back to preparing the food.

I let out a sigh as I got up and walked down the hall. There was a mirror hung up on the wall a few feet away from the front door and I always walked past it before going to work.

My eyes widened as I took in my hair. Since I was running my hair through it a lot, all the gel was gone leaving my hair spiky. I took my fingers and brushed it to the back.

Scrunching my nose up I wasn't satisfied with the look so I brushed it to the side, leaving a line on the side. It looked decent and not too flat since a few strands stood up.

I walked back into the main area then went to the living room. Turning my television on I went to Apple TV and scrolled through the apps. I stopped on Photos and it displayed a few above. The Apple TV was connected to the rest of my apple devices including my iMac at the office. It showed the recent photos I've viewed and I just stared at her.

My jaw clenched while my pupils flared with rage. She just left without a trace. The first few months I hired private investigators to see if they can find her but nothing. I don't even know if Juliana is dead or alive. It's like she just fell off the face of the earth.