17|understatement

-DISCLAIMER-

I do NOT own Teen Wolf

Comment, vote, fan, and let me know what you're thinking!

Question of the Chapter: If Stiles were to be a supernatural creature, what do you think he would be?

----------

I sat in my living room, flicking through channels trying to find something at least a bit interesting. I ended up just putting on a music channel and laying there, eyes closed, thinking.

It had been a day or two since the full moon, and I hadn't spoken to Scott or Stiles.

Scott, because I still felt weird around him, even if it was a full moon. And Stiles, because he was angry with me.

We had a lot of classes together, so that made it kind of difficult to avoid them, but I made do. I ended up spending basically all my free time at school with Allison, and when school wasn't on, I was at home. Wallowing.

I knew it wasn't healthy to always be thinking of something that causes you distress, but you don't understand how hard it is to divert your thoughts until you are experiencing the feeling yourself.

My mum walked into the room, a mug of tea in each hand.
"I thought you could use some company," She smiled, using a soft voice.

I had sat up and gratefully accepted the beverage as she sat down beside me. Just because I was having issues with everyone else, that didn't mean I had to shut my mum out further.

Ever since Melissa had said about her relationship changing with Scott, I thought about me and my mother.
I definitely didn't confide in her as much as I did before Scott was bitten, and I didn't know how she was interpreting that silence.

She ran a hand through my hair, tucking it behind my ear. "What's going on with you lately? You were basically never home last week, and now you only leave the house for school."

I just sat there, sipping at my tea.

Placing a hand on my own, she gave me that look mothers give to show that they love you. It made me want to smile, and I did.
"You can tell me, sweetheart. Maybe I can help."

I wanted to tell her. I wanted to tell her so bad. But I couldn't. My mother was my best friend, and it hurt that I wasn't able to share this new part of my life with her, but no matter how much I may have wanted to spill to her, I just couldn't.

My smile fell and my eyes sank to my mug, "You wouldn't understand."

I could see her stiffen out the corner of my eye, her own searching me for some kind of clue. "Riley, I might be able to understand better than anyone. So, I need you to speak to me. And it's not just now. Ever since you've gone back to school, something has changed with you, and I don't know -"

Saved by the bell.

The door bell, to be more specific.

My mother sighed, resting her mug on the coffee table, and walking away to answer the door.
Seconds later, she was standing in the entry way to the living room, with someone standing beside her.

Scott McCall.

This time, I stiffened. He was looking at me, his eyes full of mixed emotions as he stood awkwardly beside my mother.

She stepped into the living room, grabbing her mug and heading towards her bedroom. "I'll leave you two to talk."
On the way out of the room, she leaned close to Scott to talk to him, "Maybe you'll be able to get an answer out of her."