Chapter 40: Octavius

I stood beside Lily as my parents, David and a very concerned Sage walked in followed by Jack.
"What's the dire emergency?"
Sage asked interloping her hand with Daniels and looked to Lily.

It's been a month since we found out we were going to be parents. No we haven't told anyone due to Lily wanting to wait to make sure.

So we want yesterday to get an official pregnancy test done. Turns out the lady doctor wasn't messing with us. Lily really was pregnant with my child. And I couldn't be happier.

'Don't be nervous'
I told her as I placed my hand on her power back.

'We've had all month and turns out I am actually pregnant. I'm just don't know how exactly to tell them'
She said. It was easy just say I'm pregnant' easy. But then again I wasn't the one having the baby.

"Yeah you made it sound like there was a fire?"
Daniel said looking from me to Octavius.

"I heard lunch was made?"
Said Jack which kind of made me laugh. He ate more than Daniel at cookouts.
"N-no not yet. But sorry I didn't know exactly how to get you over here"
Lily explained. Causing them to all look at one another.
" we were just told to come over, that Octavius was stuck"

I looked at Lily then. Who was hiding a smile. Why she told my parents I was stuck I had no idea but glad to know she got creative.
"No mom and dad I can assure you I am not stuck. But we have some news we want to tell you"

We waited for them to get seated as Lily took her place on my lap.
'Here goes nothing'
She told me and I gave her arm a reassuring squeeze.

"I have a question for you all something I can't just ask over the phone or through some mind link"
She started off. I could see the wheels in her head turning.

"Okay we have an answer" my mother said whose thinking wheel seemed to be turning herself.

"Does Elijah Black sound good for a boy?"
She asked. Elijah was the name she automatically thought of and I loved.
Right off the bat Sage and my mother automatically lost it.

"You're pregnant!" Both the females shouted so loud I had to place my hands over my ears.

"Really!"
Shouted my Dad. It seemed Daniel and I were in the same page.

And Jack sat there looking at everyone then took off into the other room.
"Excuse me"
I got up and left the room of screaming girls and found Jack who was outside on the porch step.

"Hey" I say beside him but he remained quiet.
"Okay what's up?" I asked giving him a light nudge.
He let out a sigh and stood up to where he was facing me, upset
"Are you going to get rid of me and not want me no more?"
That took me by surprise.

"What?"
Where was that coming from?

"Like my mom? I know she's not coming to get me. With Lily having a baby you won't want me no more?"
Now I understand.

"No. No, Jack just because Lily and I are having a baby doesn't mean we don't want you. I admit at first I was not going to let her bring you to the house. But I'm glad I did. You are an extraordinary young pup and your part of the family"
was he really worried we wouldn't want him here no more? There was nothing that could make us give him up.

I hugged him then letting him know he wasn't going anywhere.
"So you and Lily still want me here even though you're having a baby?" He asked again taking a step back and looking in the direction of the house.

"Of course who else is going to teach him to play and be a kid, maybe even-"

"Be his big brother..."
Spoke Lily coming and kneeling down in front of him.

"That is if you want the job, I mean if not we can always-"
That for the kids attention.

"Really? Me a brother. Yeah!"
Jack cheered. His eyes lit up with joy. Maybe making him part of the family wouldn't be too bad.
He took off running into the house shouting "I'm a big brother!"
Lily looked at me and I gave the approval.

We stood there in the living room as everyone was talking, Sage and Lily was talking baby ideas and my mother oh my mother. She was already talking about decorating the nursery and buying gifts.

Lily turned to me out from nowhere and hugged me. Resting her head on my chest.
"Thank you"
She said. I placed my hand under her chin and guided her so she was looking at me.
"With what babe?" She smiled and looked like she was about to cry "for saving me and being patient and...Loving me when No one else did"

Ikissed her then. Pouring everything into the kiss. When I pulled away I wipedaway a stray tear "and I'd do it again... I love you"

"I love you too" She told me.
She said it. She finally said it.
She gave me a quick peck and turned to face everyone. Who was still laughingand chatting on.
This was my normal. ighaKJ