Preference - Studying > Sherlock

I didn't look up when the door opened and closed again. Since John was sitting on the opposite side of me and Mrs. Hudson wasn't in town today, I knew Sherlock was the only one who could possibly enter the living room. I kept my eyes fixed on the textbook that was lying on my lap as I sipped from my cup of tea. 'What are you doing?' I was right, Sherlock had entered. John answered for me. 'She's studying, can't you see that, Sherlock?' He said calmly. I just nodded slightly. 'And she can't speak for herself?' Sherlock asked, still standing on the same spot. 'No, she's studying and wishes not to be disturbed so just keep your mouth shut.' I felt Sherlock watching me but didn't look up. I know this was pissing him off and that's the exact reason why I did it. You see, Sherlock had pissed me off a week ago and then I mean that he really drove me to the edge. Seriously, if I didn't love him so much, I think I could have killed that man. Now it was my turn to drive him to the edge. Sherlock had asked me to visit some suspects (he needed me to come with him since I was sentimental enough to understand their way of thinking; he needed a second opinion or something like that. Funny that he just doesn't want to admit that he needs my help.) but now I'm studying; now I can't go with him.

'Keep my mouth shut?' Sherlock asked. 'She's coming with me.' I looked up for a second and looked at John. I shook my head almost unnoticeable, but of course Sherlock saw it. I then looked at my book again and let John do all the talking. 'She can't go. She needs to study for her tests. You have to wait until she's done.' I heard John say. He cleared his throat and started to ignore Sherlock, just like I did. In the corner of my eye, I saw Sherlock looking at John and me with an amazed look on his face. 'B-but you said you'd go.' He tried and sat down on the armrest of the armchair I was sitting on. 'Look at me.' He said but I didn't obey. No way that his puppy eyes were going to change my plans. I looked up again, shook my head to John and resumed my studying. 'She won't do that.' John said.

She won't? Okay, that's fine. Then study. What are you studying anyway?' Sherlock asked and looked over my shoulder. John opened his mouth to say something when Sherlock threw a pillow at him. 'You shut up.' He moved his head just a millimetre away from my ear. 'What are you studying, darling?' No, Sherlock, I though, not going to happen. He will not succeed. I looked away for a second when Sherlock grabbed my book and scanned the paragraph I was reading. 'This doesn't make any sense! Why on earth would you be studying this?' 'Because it's a thing every human being should be aware of! You know, like the fact that the world goes around the sun.' I said as I tried to get my book but Sherlock had risen and he was quite taller than me, holding the book so high I couldn't reach it. 'Oh, so you can talk?' He said smiling as I jumped and stretched to get it. 'Give it back!' I demanded. 'Why would I do that?' Sherlock asked smirking. 'We have suspects to go to, I'll return the book of nonsense when we're done.' He said. 'That's really mean, do you know that?' I said. He nodded and grabbed his coat with one hand, holding the other up and struggled to put his coat on. I had one last thing to try. I walked to him and smiled kindly. 'Fine, let's go then.' I said and helped him with his coat. 'Can't you just say you need my help with this case?' I said sweetly and tried to kiss him but he turned. 'Come on, dear. The game is on!' He walked out, still holding the book high. You should have seen the face of the cabdriver and those of the suspects as Sherlock held the book high during the ride and the interrogation.

A/N

Hey there! I really hope you liked this one. Thank you soooo much for reading and please comment and vote! Let me know who your prefered studypartner is, John or Sherlock, Mycroft or Jim (following stories). Bye! Oh, he's so freaking pretty in the gif I posted! ;-) Don't you agree with me? Catch you later!

-MS