Preference - Studying > Moriarty

I read the same line again, this time out loud. I had hoped it would help me understand what they meant with this ridiculously long sentence, but it didn't. The only thing it did was making me even more frustrated, I had never known that to be possible. The desire to just smash my book on the ground was so big, that I had to place my hands under my upper legs to prevent me from doing it. I moved my head closer to my book, as if there were whispers coming out of the layers of paper that explained the lines for me and I needed to come closer to hear them clearly. No whispers. Why do I need to know this? What was the use in knowing this? I turned to the next page to see if the chapter ended there. A sigh escaped my mouth when I saw it didn't end there yet. And when I turned that page, I saw it didn't end on the others either. Reluctantly I kept on reading, ignored the lines I couldn't understand and tried to see the bigger picture of it. With a hunched back and my head only an inch away from the paper, I read the lines slowly and out loud and hoped for a miracle that I would actually remember all of this tomorrow. I was so focussed that even the sound of the door opening didn't get me out of my trance, neither did the sound of footsteps nearing me. A sudden touch on my shoulder made me turn quickly. Jim was looking at me with a sweet smile on his face. 'What are you doing?' He asked. 'I'm studying.' I replied grumpily and looked at my book again. 'Are you? Well, kissing your book will not guarantee you a good grade.' I rolled my eyes though he couldn't see that: my hair looked like a curtain right now. 'Don't roll your eyes.' He said. I looked up. 'How do you know I d-?' He cut me off and drew a chair to sit down next to me. 'Because I know you.' He pulled some of my hair behind my ear and pushed my chin up so I had some space between me and my book. 'That's better.' I glanced at him for a moment and forced myself to study again. I had to know this all by tomorrow morning.

But how can I study when I kept on feeling Jim's eyes fixed on me, watching me as I mumbled the lines? I couldn't ignore the feeling of being watched but refused to look at him, knowing I wouldn't look at my book ever again after I met his gorgeous eyes. A single lock of hair slipped past my ear and fell in my face again. Jim pushed it away tenderly, instantly, letting me know he was indeed looking at me. I don't quite know if that annoyed me. I shouldn't even think of it, no, I should ponder over my test. But suddenly I felt fingertips on my cheek that made my head move and made me look at the one owning them. Just before I could even make the softest sound, I felt Jim's lips gently pressing against mine. 'Jim, I said after I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away. 'not now. I need to know this before the day ends and...' my eyes searched for the clock, '...it's already past ten o'clock.' I complained. 'Then you still have two hours left, I'm sure you can spend one of them with me.' He tried but I looked at my textbook as a reply. More reluctantly than ever before, I tried to understand the words but they just didn't make sense to me at all. And I couldn't think straight since my thoughts kept on traveling to the very person beside me who was looking at me again. Another lock of hair slipped away from my ear, but I was fast enough to remove it myself. 'You really don't want me here, do you?' Jim asked. 'Just, not now.' I mumbled. 'You know I can feel it when you lie to me...' Jim said. I sighed in annoyance. Well, good for you, I thought. '...and you're lying.' He added as I felt his lips pressing in my neck. I ignored it (at least I tried to) and turned the page to read the words out loud, my voice rising quickly until I almost screamed them in order to keep my focus. Jim laughed and stopped briefly. I looked up and accidently met those gorgeous eyes I had feared to see and immediately regretted my decision to look away from my schoolbook. 'What is it?' he asked as I kept staring at him. I didn't answer him in words but I answered his kiss, leaving my text unread and ignored it when I heard it fall to the ground. He always gets what he wants.

A/N

I really hope you liked this one! Thank you so much for reading and let me know what you think of these preferences, I'm really curious! Let me know who your prefered studypartner (John, Sherlock, Mycroft or Jim) is and why. Please vote and comment and thanks again! Bye! Catch you later!

-MS

(     P.S. What do you think of the picture I posted? ;-)     )