eighty three

Wednesday was my sunshine's birthday. Happy birthday, baby.

* * * * * *

The only thing that made a sound was the car, when I drove Harry back to the rehab centre where he left his car. It is pretty awkward and it seemd like both me and Harry wanted it to be over as soon as possible.

We arrive at the centre and I park my car next to his.

"So, you're going back to the hotel?" I ask Harry.

"Yeah, I'm going to look at some apartments."he says, "What time should I pick you up?"

"Ehhh, I don't know."

"I'll pick you up at six."

"Yeah, that's cool."

"Okay." he says, "Sooo..I guess I'll see you tonight then."

"Yep." I nod, "Bye, Harry."

Harry opens the door, "Bye, Lucy."

As he's about to step out of the car, he stands still. Then, he quickly turns to face me and plants a kiss on my cheek. Leaving me behind with my lips parted and kind of overwhelmed, he gets out of the car and throws the door shut behind him.

"Yeah," I sigh, "bye."

* * * * * *

"Mummmmm, daddddd, I'm home!" I yell as soon as I close the front door behind me.

"Honeyy!" my mum comes walking into the hallway with open arms, "Ohh, baby, how was it?"

"Yeah, good time. It was nice to see them again."

"Did you have a save drive home?" sha asks.

"Yes, mother, I did." I smile at her.

"Ohhh, I want to hear all about how their doing." she grins at me, "I'll go make us some tea. I'll meet you in the living room."

I nod.

She disappears again. I roll my eyes and take off my coat and shoes. I drop my handbag on the stairs to take it up with me later and stuff my phone in the back pocket of my pants.

I enter the livingroom at the same time my mother enters with a tray of tea and biscuits. She puts the cups along with the plate beneath it on the table and adds two biscuits to each small plate.

"Thank you."

My mother smiles at me and takes a seat beside me on the couch.

"So, how are Liam and Sophia doing?"

"Yeah, good. Very good."

"Does Sophia still work at that pastry shop?"

"Yes, she does. The business is doing very well." I grab my cup of tea from the table and take a small sip of it, nearly burning my lips.

"And Liam? Does he still work at the same place Harry did?"

Her mentioning Harry made me freeze on the spot.

I clear my throat, "Yeah, h-he does. It's very nice work."

My mum nods and takes a sip of her tea.

"Speaking of Harry, how's he doing anyway? Are you still in contact with him?"

"No, I don't." I answer way too quickly. I'm not planning on telling her about our 'date' tonight. I mean, I've had contact with him for almost the entire time, "I don't know how he's doing."

"Mhm. He's Liam's friend right?"

"Yes, but what does that have to do with me knowing how he's doing?"

"Nothing, just asking."

"Why do you care anyway?"

"I've seen your phone, Lucy."

"What about it?"

"I know you still text him."

"And what if I told you that's a different Harry?" I lie.

"Then I'd say you're lying."

"Well, I'm not lying, mother." I put my cup on the table again, standing up, "Deal with it."

And with that I walk off.

* * * * * *

Next update: Saturday, February 25th