IV

On Wednesday, Louis kept his eyes peeled.

Harry was a serial-flirt. And not the delicious, sugary kind that Louis ate for breakfast every morning.

He was dangerous.

They were in gym class now, yet another class that Louis hated. And it wasn't until this whole Operation-Take-Down-Harry-Styles thing that Louis noticed just how many classes he shared with his arch nemesis throughout the school day.

It was Weight Room Wednesday, so the class was supposed to be lifting dumbbells and taking turns on the elliptical. But Louis, on the other hand, couldn't help but notice that Harry was focused on something else.

Harry was across the room, over by the resting bench. He took a big gulp of his water bottle, looking at something intently as the liquid dripped down his throat. Louis swallowed, following the line of Harry's gaze until his eyes landed on..

Niall?

Louis watched Harry stare hard at his own best mate as he bench-pressed close to 100 lbs, and woah there, was he salivating?

Over a boy?

Just then, Harry's eyes flickered from Niall's biceps to Louis. They made eye contact from across the room, and Harry quickly looked away.

Interesting.

***

After class, they went back to the lockers to change before the lunch bell. Louis knew that Harry was always the last to leave, so he tied his shoe laces extra slow until they were the only two left in the room. Harry was over by the mirror, fixing his hair until it became that perfectly-messy....whatever it was called.

"How was your workout?" Louis asked innocently as he applied deodorant, hip-bumping Harry so they could share the space.

Harry squinted curiously back at Louis in the mirror. "Fine?"

"Pretty effective?" Louis pushed. "Because you looked pretty distracted to me whenever I looked at you."

"Which time?" Harry shot back, surprisingly Louis. "As far as I know you didn't look away from me once last period."

Louis laughed awkwardly. "I'm just... observing, is all. You know we made a deal."

"I didn't flirt at all back in that weight room," Harry argued.

"Yeah, well you were about to," Louis shot back, then added, "I saw you looking at Niall."

Harry didn't reply and except for the rattling ventilation system, the room was dead silent.

"What about it?" Harry spoke finally, turning to face Louis. His green eyes looked scared and vulnerable, and for the first time in his life, Louis actually felt bad for Harry Styles.

"L-look," he stuttered nervously, because this Harry was nothing like the one he was used to dealing with. "I don't know, or really care if you're attracted to girls.. or boys." He grabbed his gym back and started for the door before turning back to Harry.

"But what I do know is that.. whatever facade you're trying to keep up," Louis paused with his hand on the door, "It can't last forever."