41

"I hope you had a safe trip here." Anakin said sweetly to her, Natalia nodded, "I did." She said with a light laugh. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Bail Organa walked into the room, "Senator Amidala, we've been sent to collect you, we're having an emergency meeting on the Enhanced Privacy Invasion Bill, why are there two Jedi in your office?" He asked, before either Padme or Anakin could say anything Natalia began explaining herself, "Senator, we were just about to leave, our reasoning is strictly Jedi business, thank for your time, Senator Amidala." Natalia said with a slight wink as she led Anakin out of her office. "You're an expert liar." Anakin said with a laugh, Natalia returned the laugh, she had been lying since she was a Youngling. "Come on, let's go for a walk." Natalia said as they walked around the building. "I've never been in the Senate building before, I've only been in the main meeting chamber." Natalia said as she looked around at the long hallways and the bare walls. "I've been in here a few times, I've only been to a select few places on this planet." Anakin told her. She nodded and continued to look around at the plain scenery.

Suddenly the power flickered off and left the two Jedi in darkness, "What is going on?" Natalia whispered to herself, "The senators! Let's go check on them!" Anakin whispered loudly, the two ran to a platform above the lobby where the senators were holding their meeting, they were too late as the infamous Cad Bane walked into the room, Anakin and Natalia watch Cad Bane taunting the senators. Padme looked in the Jedi's direction, but Bane saw and shot in the direction of the two, "Let's split up." Natalia whispered, he nodded and they ran in two directions. "Get the two Jedi!" Bane yelled, Natalia sighed and ran to a hallway, she looked behind her and saw an assassin coming her way, she cursed under her breath as she ran to the end of the hallway, she grabbed her lightsaber and struck the droid down. She continued to run and accidentally ran into Anakin. "I took down the assassin droid, now there's the Weequay to worry about." Natalia told him, she turned her lightsaber off and they continued looking for a way to contact the Chancellor, "There he is." Natalia whispered as she pushed Anakin into a nearby room.

"Look, it's a terminal." Natalia whispered, Anakin crouched down and began hotwiring it, "Ah! That should do it." He whispered loudly, luckily it did and a shimmering image of Chancellor Palpatine appeared. "Chancellor, oh am I glad to see you." Anakin said with a sigh of relief. "What's going on?!" He asked, "Bounty hunters have taken senators hostage, you need to go to the power core and turn the main power back on! We need clone reinforcements." The Chancellor said, "Of course, Chancellor. Thank you." Natalia said as the transmission ended. "I'll go to the power core, you find a way to free those senators." Anakin said, Natalia nodded and ran out of the room and back to the lobby doorway, Natalia saw the senators in a gaggle and they all looked terrified, Bane was making a call to the Chancellor, but she couldn't hear what they were saying. "Anakin, come in, Anakin." Natalia whispered, but she got no response, she sensed somebody coming so she quickly jumped onto a platform above. She looked down to see Aurra Sing and the Weequay dragging an unconscious Anakin, "No." She whispered to herself.

Suddenly a blast buzzed past her head, she looked down to see the gang of bounty hunters staring at her, she jumped down and held her lightsaber in front of her. "She's armed, she won't be as easy to take down." Bane whispered to Sing, Natalia squinted her eyes as she was getting shot at by all of the bounty hunters, she deflected all of the blasts but the yellow Robonino they came with shocked her from behind, she screamed in agony as she fell to her knees, "Natalia!" Anakin yelled from the lobby, the next thing she knows she's being dragged to the lobby, her lightsaber was thrown at her and the bounty hunters left. Natalia stood up and grabbed her lightsaber and looked at Anakin. "That's the Jedi's only weakness, electricity." Natalia said with a light laugh, Anakin laughed with her.

"Those bombs are going to go off any second, we need to get these senators out of here." Anakin said, "I have an idea!" Natalia said, she stuck her lightsaber into the floor and Padme gave Anakin his lightsaber back, "You dropped this." She said with a slight laugh, Anakin smiled at her and stabbed the floor with his lightsaber, the two made a complete circle and the floor all of the senators were on had dropped down a level, seconds before an explosion in the lobby. Natalia sighed in relief realising she had saved many people's lives today. "Thank you, Master Jedi, we owe you our lives." Bail Organa said, Natalia gave him a warm smile, as well as Anakin. "Typical Jedi, saving lives since day one." Padme said with a light laugh.

"So much for being on leave."