Chapter 16

Here's another set of update, guys! Enjoy! Feel free to vote and comment.. 🙈😊

-----------------

She was drowning. Drowning and more than drowning as Camila forced her lips onto hers; fingers tightly wrapped in her hair, pulling down her head preventing her escape. She tried to fight her way to the surface, but each time she reached that level of awareness, she slipped further down; wrapping her hands into that beautiful hair as their tongues met, pulling the beautiful woman into her. Despite that desperate will to fight and survive, she nearly, so very nearly, gave herself utterly to that one beautiful moment of passion; surrendered herself to the depths, drowned herself in Camila Cabello.

'This is not good, Lauren, this is not smart at all.'

The thought ran through her rational mind as Camila's lips pressed onto hers once more; no, that's not quite right. It ran through her mind as they pressed their lips together. This isn't down to the brunette; this is Lauren's mistake as well. Finally accepting the truth, finally realizing the gravity of her error, she placed her hands firmly on her hips once more and gently moved her away. Pulling back from the kiss before they took it any further - before she fell any deeper into that black abyss.

"Lauren," she heard her say, a hint of hurt and confusion in her voice as she tried to step back into that embrace, tried to kiss her once again. She held her hips even tighter, and locked her arms, holding her at bay, saving herself. Despite the gloom in this cool lonely summerhouse, she saw her eyes open and stare up at her, almost causing her to break once more.

"Say something," Camila said finally, shattering the silence with that beautiful voice.

"I think it's time you went back inside, Camila. We'll talk about this in the morning."

'If you remember anything,' she thought as Camila lowered her head, hid her eyes from her and nodded. Lauren opened the door for her and watched her leave, not a word passing between them as she did so. Frankly, she was glad, her heart was still beating ten to the dozen, trying to signal the advance; yet, she was forcing it to beat the retreat. She's not sure she has ever made such a sacrifice in her life to date, giving up that brief moment of real passion. She can still smell her perfume in the air and she can still taste her lipstick on her own lips.

This is fucked up. This is totally, totally, fucked up. So much for professional distance.

Lauren tried to pull her head together as she closed the door behind her, throwing the bolts top and bottom, clicking the padlock back into place and removing the key. By the time she'd turned back towards the house, Camila was out of sight, probably already inside and no doubt being ushered towards her room by their servant Andrew. She felt a slight pang of loss as she realized she was on her own, but pushed it down hard, shoving it into that locked room in her mind where she never, ever went.

She stood on the summerhouse's little wooden porch and took a deep breath, holding it for a second, she steadied herself before clicking the switch in her hand; opening her mic to the rest of the team.

"Ok, ladies," she said with as much command in her voice as she could muster, "give me a sitrep."

"All quiet, Miss Jauregui," Andy's voice came over the earpiece. "Simon just reported that Miss Cabello has been taken up to bed, Miss Sofia and her date are tucked up already and Mr. and Mrs. Cabello are currently saying goodbye to the remainders of their guests."

"What, the party's over already?" she asked incredulously glancing at her watch.

"Yes, Miss Jauregui, these things don't usually go on all night, some of these folks are getting on a little."