Chapter 38 💝

David's POV

We arrived in London at around 5pm by my private jet.

Our baby was so cheerful and he was all awake throughout the flight. He seemed to enjoy the luxurious accomodation and the breathtaking view from the outside of the plane.

I made sure everything was organized and I watched our son during the whole trip so Livy could just rest and enjoy the trip.

While we were on our way to my penthouse, I noticed Livy's silence and she was just blankly glancing outside the car window. A tear fell on her cheek and I wiped it with my finger. 

"Baby? Are you okay?" I asked apprehensively.

"I'm sorry." She composed herself. I clasped our hands together.  

"I won't let anyone bother or hurt you. I promise." I kissed her knuckles but she just gave me a faint smile. I leaned to kiss her lips. I didn't care if the bodyguards could see us kissing.

My son was sleeping on my chest and he nuzzled his face to my neck adorably. I kissed his head and caged him protectively.

While we were riding the elevator up to the top floor, I felt her gripping tightly with my hand. She seemed uncomfortable.

I pulled her to my chest and kept whispering sweet words to her.

When we get inside the penthouse, she just stood still. Everything was the same; the furniture, the appliances, the portraits- every arrangement was the same the way they were used to be. I never moved or removed anything.

She touched her forehead like she was about to fall.

"Baby? What's wrong?" I ran to her side and supported her.

"I need water." 

"Just hold on okay?" I quickly ran to the kitchen and returned with a glass of water.

"Do you want to rest?" She nodded.

I carried her bridal style to the bedroom and laid her on the soft mattress.

"Where's Nicolai?"

"He is in the other room. He's still sleeping."

She rose up and her eyes widen upon seeing the big portrait in front of her.

It was our wedding picture. She was looking in the camera smiling while I was looking at her sweetly.

"I framed that few months after you left."

"Why?" She asked softly.

"I couldn't let you go."

I looked down feeling remorseful. The next thing she did surprised me.

She touched my chin and kissed me deeply.

****

"Honey, change!"

I fretted upon seeing her standing in front of the vanity mirror. 

"Why?" She asked me innocently.

"I don't want other men ogling you. Your dress is so revealing." I groaned in pain. Sweet pain inside my pants.

"No, it's not." She looked away to hide her smile.

She was wearing a red dress with plunging neckline with a high cut leg side slits, paired with a black platform heels. She was sexy as hell. I was controlling myself not to devour her right on the spot and ruin her makeup.

"Honey..." I whined again.

She put her finger on my lips and before she could react, I sucked it sweetly.