t w e n t y - f o u r

A/n: Long chap, mild violence ahead.
Please read the author's note at the end of the chapter.

***

Lisa's Point of View

Day before the party

This day is more hectic than I thought. They have assigned me to clean the mansion today together with some other servants. We do our work wordlessly since the others seem to avoid me. For the past months I've been here I haven't made any connection to anyone except for a few. I believe it is because of my inherent defensive nature that I have remained aloof towards the others.

Tomorrow is the Don's birthday and everyone has a lot of job to do. We haven't seen each other in a while after what we had shared last time. Everytime my mind lingers on the thought of what we did, my cheek flushes shamelessly. It is still unclear to me until now of how I should response to this growing feelings I have about him but I opted to push aside to think about it later.

The party is said to be held in the garden tomorrow night. It is the only night where the Don's mansion will be open to the public and it is expected that a lot of high profile people will be attending, from politician to celebrities and relatives. And until now I am still clueless of what will be my assigned task tomorrow. Should I stay and follow the Don like his personal servant that I am or should I help the other servants attending the visitors? The Don didn't tell me yet.

"Lisa, you are needed in the kitchen after this. When you're done in there proceed to the garden to clean. Make sure you finish all your task before dinner, am I clear?" Nicole pops out all of a sudden startling everyone of us as she dictates her orders to me with a smug expression.

"Yes mam." I answer with contempt.

"Hurry!" She throws her hand her brow lifting in annoyance. I frown from her antsy behavior. What's putting her panty on a twist now?

Putting her attitude aside, I grab the rug again and continues what I was doing beforehand. Nicole rolls her eyes and glares to everyone who gawks at her. "What are you looking at? Continue working!" She snaps before she stomps her way out.

Seriously, that girl is mental.

So the day went on with all of us busy. The number of people inside the mansion increased so far but mostly of armed guards. It does makes sense though, after the Don's attack in New York I'm positive they're making sure there won't be a repeat again.

I do sure hope so.

The sun is setting down and at any moment from now the bell will ring for dinner. So I decide to go to my room first to take a shower. When I reach the Don's floor, I notice Dorothy approaching me in a haste, her face laced with worry.

"Lisa, we need to talk now. In private." She doesn't give me a chance to answer back as she grabs me towards my room in a rush.

"What's going on?" The first words I blurt when we enter my room.

"Lisa, we received an info and it's very grave." She tells me in panic. My forehead crunches in confusion.

"Tell me, what is it?"

"They recieved a threat dictating a possible attack tomorrow on the Don's party." My stomach drops from the news as my heart fills with worry.

"Are you sure? It could be a hoax?" I tell her.

"Hoax? No, that's for sure. Dax knows what he's doing and knowing his skills he can tell if it's real or not." My bone shivers as the gravity of the situation sinks on me. Another attack..just like in New York. My heart goes in tumult knowing that I haven't recovered from it yet.