twenty-six

"I appreciate the masterpiece that is you
Because your existence alone is art"

————————

As Taehyung pressed his lips against mine tenderly, he tilted his head as he moved his lips. I didn't kiss him back and I only froze. In a split second, I felt his tongue licked my lips, asking for entrance, and that was when I got a grip of myself. I put my hands on Taehyung's chest and pushed him away from me, and slapped his cheek. I stood up and immediately went to turn the light on. I stood there by the switch, near the door as I stared at Taehyung by the bed with tears filling up my eyes.

"Get out!" I yelled at him with my eyes shut, and when I opened my eyes, tears have already fallen and Taehyung was still standing by the bed. "I said get out!" I yelled again, louder than before.

"Areum," Taehyung called with so much sincerity in his voice as he took his steps towards me. "Don't be like this, Areum. Listen to me first. Please. . ."

"You just. . . You can't do this to me." I blurted out, looking away. "You can't just disappear, break up with me, and show up in my room then kiss me like nothing happened!" I added.

"I know. I'm sorry. That's why I'm here, Areum." He paused. "I need to talk to you. I want to apologize and I want you to give me another chance. . ." Taehyung said as he stopped his mark when he reached in front of me. He was about reach for my face, but I took a step back. "We both promised something to each other, right? You promised me, you won't leave me. . ."

"I never break my promises, Taehyung. You're the one who left me. You're the one who broke your promise, and you're the one who kept breaking my heart." I told him, and he suddenly looked puzzled. I breathed in before I spoke again, "Taehyung. . ." I called. The room has gotten so cold and quiet all of a sudden. I took a small step back until I finally reach the door behind me. "Was there even a time you liked me?" My voice came out quiet and airy as I looked at Taehyung in the eyes.

"What kind of question is that, Areum?"

"The kind of question I keep asking myself everyday." I said, "You don't have to pretend, Taehyung. It has always been Solji, hasn't it?"

"Solji is just a friend, Areum. Why are you being like this? I do not like her." But that's not the way I see it, Taehyung. You always look at her so dreamily, and it always break my heart into a million pieces. "It's you. It has always been you. From that day we met, it's you,"

I froze for a second, almost believing him, but then reality hit me. "Don't lie to me, Taehyung."

"At Sungjae's party. In the bathtub. You remember it all, right?" He said, and I could already feel the anger, the sadness slowly fading away, and even my heart just exploded inside me. He did remember. "I kissed you that night! I didn't just kiss you for no apparent reason; I kissed you because I was interested in you. We even talked about our future, didn't we, Areum? Didn't I tell you that I see you as a doctor in the future, and didn't you tell me you see me as a painter or an actor someday, when the truth is I have no talent in those two at all." He said, taking another step closer and covered my hands around his long hands. "You did remember, right?"

I could feel myself drowning from his stare. He didn't forget about me. He remembered. Taehyung remembered. "I thought you forgot about it all." My voice became so tiny all of a sudden.