Work Partners

H/H: Hogwarts House

You and Newt Scamander first met at the Ministry of Magic, when the head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures assigned you two as partners for an assignment involving traveling the world with each other studying and helping magical creatures and beasts. Newt was very shy and introverted when he first met you, a beautiful H/H. But you slowly got him to come out of his shell over time. Eventually Newt was nearly completely comfortable around you and trusted you entirely. You and Newt were nothing more than good friends, but you both wanted your relationship to be something more.

You had quickly fallen for each other, but neither of you had the guts to tell the other. Today was you and Newt's third day in Ireland. You were both inside of his case. Newt was sitting in his workshop revising and editing the final version of his manuscript, which he was planning on submitting to the Ministry when you both returned to England the following week. You had just finished tending to the Mooncalves and Bowtruckles and were walking back to the workshop.

"Hey, Newt," you said as you walked through the door.

He looked up from his writing, a smile etching onto his face when he saw you. "Hello, Y/N."

There was a good, awkward few moments of silence before one of you said anything else.

"Anyways," you began, breaking the silence. "I guess this week is our last one together. You know, since we return to the Ministry next week." You stepped over to where Newt was, and sat on the stool next to him.

"Yes, uh... I suppose it is," he replied, setting his manuscript down and turning to face you.

"Well, it's been lovely working with you, Newt. I hope our paths cross again," you said, weaving your fingers together out of sadness.

Newt's face softened and he slightly tilted his head. He reached over and comfortingly lay a hand over yours. "Now, there is no need to say goodbye. At least, not now, anyway..." A look of sadness washed over him as well.

You looked up and sucked in a breath. "How long have we been working together again?"

Newt thought for a moment. "Er, eight months, I believe."

"Right. Eight months," you said, a shaky breath coming from you at the end. You turned your glance down to your feet.

Newt softly slipped a finger under your chin and tilted your head up. You looked into each other's eyes for what felt like hours. "Can I... Can I—try something?" he asked, nearly inaudible.

You knit your eyebrows. "Uh... sure," you said obviously confused.

Newt's gaze went from your eyes and then down to your lips. Your heart fluttered.

He leaned in and softly kissed you. He pulled away rather quickly to observe your expression; which was utter shock.

Newt looked like he was about to beat himself up. "Oh, Y/N I'm so, so sorry I shouldn't have done that I'm a bloody idio—!"

You shut him up by planting a quick and soft kiss on his lips. His face melted into a look of happiness. "There is absolutely nothing to worry about, Newt!" You grinned. "I've always thought you were a very kind, cute and adorable wizard."

He smiled and his cheeks tinted pink. "And you've always been an intelligent and gorgeous witch yourself."

"Oh, you're too kind!" you fake-gasped making him laugh again. "So... no need for goodbyes after all, huh?"

He took both your hands. "Goodbye is the last thing I ever want to say to you, Y/N."

"And I you, Newton," you said and leaned in for another kiss.