Drunk

Tina, Queenie, Jacob, and Newt decided to go the Blind Pig for fun one night. (You wanted to stay at your apartment instead and read your new book). Queenie and Jacob were sitting at the bar enjoying shots of gigglewater, Tina's eyes were constantly flitting around to make sure there wasn't a repeat of last time when Aurors tore up the place, and your boyfriend Newt was standing in a corner listening to the woman singing with a drink in hand.

**An hour later**

There was a knock at the door of your and Newt's apartment. You set your copy of Les Miserables down onto the coffee table and walk towards the door to answer it. You turn the knob and flung it open.

There stood Tina and Jacob, with Newt wobbling and leaning on both of them.

"Newt here got a biiiit drunk," said Tina, dragging out the 'bit'. "Queenie got tipsy and we already took her back to our apartment."

You sighed. Newt always did have a very low alcohol tolerance; but he usually didn't drink much anyway, so this was new for you. "Alright, I'll take care of him."

Tina and Jacob handed Newt over to you. He nearly collapsed, but you managed to catch him and lug him into your shared room and onto your bed.

"Mmm... I'm *hic* fiiine...," Newt slurred as you lay him down.

"No, you're drunk," you replied, and went into the bathroom to get a cold cloth.

Once you got back, you lightly pressed the cloth to Newt's sweat-soaked forehead and cheeks. As you did so, he brought up a hand and tucked a piece of loose hair behind your ear.

"You're veeery pwettyyy."

You smiled at his childlike action and pulled his hand back down onto the bed. "You're very sweet, baby, but you need to sleep."

He frowned. "Only if you cuddle with meee," he whined.

You laughed and ruffled his hair, making him smile. "Fine. But take your shirt off, you're a sweaty mess."

"Nooo I just want to cuddlllle," he slurred.

You shook your head. "No cuddles until you take off your shirt. I'll help you if I have to."

Newt was too intoxicated to process that last part, so you did indeed end up having to take his shirt off for him and throw it in the hamper.

You climbed under the covers and let Newt cuddle up to you, burying his head in your chest and slinging an arm around your waist, pulling you close. You pet his hair and kissed his forehead. Pretty quickly, soft snores were coming from Newt.

"Oh dear, you're going to have quite the hangover in the morning."