Jealous

You, Tina, Queenie, Jacob and Newt had decided to have some fun one night and go to a bar together. Jacob and Queenie were enjoying each other's company, and Tina was chatting with an auror friend of hers that she had run into there. You and Newt were sitting at a table, simply talking and occasionally taking a sip of your drink.

Jacob caught Newt's eye and waved him over, like he wanted to tell Newt something. "I'll be right back, Y/N/N. Jacob wants to tell me something."

"Okay, Newt," you replied as you watched him stand up from his seat and make his way over to where Jacob and Queenie were.

You continued to mind your own business, looking around every now and then and drinking your drink. Suddenly, a man you didn't know walked up to you.

"Hey, doll," he said. "What's a girl like you doing here alone?"

He was very good-looking, but no one could compare to your Newt. "Oh, uh actually I'm not here alone."

He raised his eyebrows. "Where is the guy then?"

You gestured over to Newt. The guy smirked. "Are you positive that's a man, love?"

Your jaw clenched. "Don't call me love."

He cocked his head and grinned a creepy grin. "Feisty, are we? I'm James by the way."

**Over to where Newt, Jacob, and Queenie are**

Newt laughed at what Jacob had just said and turned a bit to make sure you were alright. What he saw did not please him in the slightest. He clearly saw the uncomfortable look on your face as this random guy attempted to flirt with you. Queenie immediately read his mind.

"Ooh honey, you'd better go get that man away from Y/N."

But by the time Queenie had said that, Newt was already halfway across the room. Once Newt was at your side, he protectively wrapped an arm around your waist, pulling you extremely close to him.

"Can I help you?" Newt sternly asked James.

"I'm James. And I was just talking to your girl, whatever her name is," he said rudely.

"Her name is Y/N. And I suggest you leave her alone."

James was about to say another smart remark, but suddenly Newt spun you around to face him and crashed his lips onto yours, right in front of James. Your hands flew up to his hair, weaving your fingers through his chestnut curls. His hands roamed your waist freely.

James soon realized he had literally no shot whatsoever in winning you over Newt, and awkwardly excused himself from the building.

Once Newt was positive James had left, he pulled away and rested his hands on your waist, you bringing your hands down from his hair and gripping his wrists where they held your waist.

"Awe, is Newt jealous?" you said teasingly.

"If any man is flirting with my Y/N, I'm going to jealous. You're mine," he said and pecked your nose.

You smiled. "And you're mine."

"That man back there... James, was it?" you nodded. "What exactly did he say to you?"

"Just a bunch of lame flirty shit, nothing for you to worry about, love."

Newt went quiet.

"Hey, hey, baby. There is absolutely nothing for you to worry about," you comforted. "He was a douchebag. You, on the other hand, are a sweetheart. I wouldn't want anyone else. And thank you so much, Newt. For getting that creep away from me."

"Anything to keep my Y/N safe."

You hugged him, nuzzling your nose into his shoulder. "Thank you," you paused. "I love you."

He rested his chin on your head. "I love you too, Y/N. So much."