2.2

i guess i'm just a play date to you.

it's jimin who found him, in the most isolated part of the performing arts block, softly playing the piano alone. he looks calm, peaceful almost as jimin quietly approaches him, hearing the melody to be one of his favourite's.

"jungkook" the said boy jumped, placing a hand on his chest while pouting.

"jimin hyung! don't scare me like that" the male laughs, sitting beside the younger and jungkook starts playing again, but his heart starts pumping faster, heartbeat increasing because jimin is so close, too close and he feels ashamed of himself for wanting him all for himself when he can't.

"you. . .are you alright?" jimin breaks the silence, turning his head to get a good look at the black haired who stills his fingers, fidgeting around and looking anywhere but him.

"hey kook, i'm just worried about you. you've been missing and i rarely see you and i kinda. . .kinda miss you kookie" he says shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. jungkook looks at him in surprise, cheeks painted a pale red, mumbling out an 'oh'.

"i'm alright hyung, don't worry about me" worry about me, put all your attention on me, please, i'm not alright.

"you were playing?" he changes the topic, turns back to the piano and urges jungkook to play, singing along to the song making jungkook feel jittery because jimin's voice is just so calming, like ocean waves crashing against the sand and jungkook's heart might have stopped, hands just moving on its own accord as he listens to jimin's voice and stores it in his memory, heart too maybe.

"it's getting late, we should go" jimin says lowly after he checks the time, it's almost past 8 and eventhough he knows the way to exit the school without using the front gate, it's probably not good to stay so long.

"i didn't even realise. . ." the younger mumbled, closing the piano and pushes the seat to stand up and move but his legs are numb, he had been sitting there for hours so it's no wonder when he loses balance and trips but a hand caught his wrist, pulling him in by the waist as he turns and yelps, hands finding purchase on jimin's jacket. jimin has an arm wrapped around his waist, jungkook's hands resting against his chest and jungkook's body heats up at their close proximity. his brain short-circuits, shyly looking up into the older and sputtering out apologizes.

"be careful" he whispers, pulling away but keeps his hand there, staring into jungkook's honey brown orbs, wide eyes in shocked as his cheeks turns a beautiful shade of red. jungkook swallows the lump in throat, getting lost in jimin's eyes, swimming with emotions he couldn't decipher.

with a step, jungkook pecks his lips, pulling back in surprise as he gasps but jimin remains still, not doing anything so the boy places his lips on the older's again, finally feeling jimin kissing back, fire surging through his veins as he wraps the body closer to him, jungkook's arms wrapped around his neck as jimin tilts his head to get closer, biting his bottom lip to allow him to deepen the kiss, tongue entering jungkook's warm cavern. the younger moans, body becoming limp in the other's hold but his blood ran cold as he pushes the body heat away, pushing jimin off as he stares in shock.

jimin pants, looking up into him wih swollen lips, his own becoming red and bitten.

it was his first kiss. with someone who wasn't his.

jungkook feels the tears burning the back of his eyes and ran, forgetting his bag as he ran out of the building, quickly getting soaked in the heavy rainfall outside but he has to get away from there, from jimin.

"you left your bag yesterday" jungkook froze as his blood ran cold. jimin was there by his locker, leaning against it as he held his bag in one hand. amd god does jimin look fine. leather jacket and ripped jeans, jungkook can't help but feel hot.

"oh s-sorry"

"listen about yesterday-"

"it was my fault too, i'm sorry" he whispers as he took hold of his bag, fiddling with his fingers.

"it was mine too so lets not put the blame on anyone and forgive each other, i promise it won't happen again" somehow, those words pierced through jungkook's heart more painful than it should, but he nodded numbly and pales when jimin hums and walks past him. he knows he shouldn't look because taehyung must be there but he can't help it, turning around and looks as taehyung pecks those lips he had kissed yesterday.

so the kiss didn't mean anything to him, how could you be so hopeful jungkook? you're such a fool.

"oh he's here again" taehyung says as he enters the apartment. both boys got startled as they sat up, previously watching a movie playing on the screen as jimin laid his head on jungkook's thigh.

"taehyung? jesus can you like give a greeting or something?" jimin sighs out, standing up but taehyung opens his mouth again.

"i'm sorry jungkook shi but i have to talk to jimin alone" jungkook looks at him for a moment before getting up, picking up his bag. jimin starts getting annoyed because he knows why taehyung's acting this way and he pinches the bridge of his nose as he watches taehyung crosses his arms and eyes boring holes into the younger.

"alright, see you tomorrow jimin hyung" he was stopped by a hand, pulling him in.

"stay, you're my friend, you're allowed to be here" both jungkook's and taehyung's eyes widened, one out shock and one slowly seething into anger.

"what is it that you want to tell me taehyung? why is it so important that he has to leave the house?" the male looks at him in disbelief before scoffing and picking up his bag, slamming the front door as he left.

"why did you do that?" jungkook asked as they sat back down on the couch, the movie changes to another one but both male weren't into it.

"forget about it, he'll come around"

jungkook's breath hitches when jimin lays his head on his thighs again, body shaking but he forces himself to overcome the fear, bites his lips and tries to focus on the movie.

jimin smiles softly as he sees the boy slowly fighting his fear.