CAKE TIME

taehyung focus
taehyung watches jungkook skitter anxiously besides him, amused at the younger's nervousness.

the two sit at the back of the bus, away from the angry calls of toddlers and their stressed moms and the giggling middle schooler's coming back from after school clubs or outings with friends.

jungkook sits besides the window, drawing swirls on the condensation on the window with his index fingers and jiggling his knees up and down with nerves. taehyung sits besides him, staring back at the middle schoolers who sneak glances at them and whisper audibly "omg guys, they're so hot.
taehyung smiles to himself at girls' behaviour whilst looking away and sliding a finger under his choker to adjust the strip of material.

he places his hand above jungkook's hand and leans into his side, "calm down." he murmurs, other hand still fiddling with his choker.
he feels jungkook deflate besides him, sighing deeply.

"there's nothing to be nervous about, your mom's just getting married." taehyung further consoles.

"i know, it's just- it's," jungkook struggles to find the words to describe his feelings.
taehyung rubs careful circles on the back of jungkook's hand in what he hoped was a soothing manner.
he hears the girls gasp audibly, chattering even louder with their friends.

"it'll be fine - we'll say hi, watch them say their vows and eat cake. i'll be there with you, so there's no need to panic." taehyung hums, smiling at the word cake.

"yeah, yeah - you're right." jungkook says with a small smile growing on his face. he looks down and smiles at the older, leaning down to press his lips on the side of taehyung's head.

taehyung blinks.

red immediately colours his neck, a blush rapidly travelling up to his cheeks and the tips of his ears.
he clears his throat and mutters a weak, "im always right," to try and cover up his flustered self, looking away.

jungkook doesn't notice and turns away, looking out of the window at the fleeting scenery. he smiles to himself when he sees their reflections in the window.

"we look so weird," jungkook comments, looking down at their neatly pressed suited attire. they certainly looked weird; they receive several stares from the bus passengers and people talk behind their hands, eyeing their suits and muttering about "rich kids."
taehyung wanted to laugh - he was not rich at all. if they saw his shitty tiny dorm and the box of instant pot noodles under his bed, they most definitely wouldn't call him rich.

"yeah we do." taehyung laughs.

slowly slowly the passengers on the bus leave, leaving only jungkook and taehyung sitting quietly at the back of the bus, taehyung's hand still resting on top of jungkook's hand.

"the stop's soon. you feeling okay?" taehyung asks, lifting his head to look at jungkook. jungkook turns his gaze away from the darkening outside, the  sun hiding behind the winter black skies, and looks at taehyung.

"mm." he murmurs, nodding and offering a small smile.

"oh and," jungkook inhales sharply, "do you think you're ready to date me yet?" jungkook asks, trying to smile, but his smile turns into a grimace, teeth biting into his lower lip.

"you'll find out later." taehyung hums, ignoring jungkook's behaviour, "oh, here's our stop." he says, taking his hand away from jungkook's and getting up.
he hears jungkook sigh behind him.

"oh," taehyung breaths upon seeing the venue come into view.
the wedding was held in a large country club, rented out specifically for the wedding. the building stands tall and proud in the middle of the countryside, trees planted here and there and are bright green despite the winter weather.
taehyung's eye light up at pink fairy lights strung from the heavy wooden doorway of the building, the soft rosy glow lighting up the entrance invitingly.