Chapter Forty-Seven

|Mónéy|

"Happy birthday to you dear Mónéy.......Happy birthday to youuuu," Mrs. Anna and her granddaughter Yaki sung to me. I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes before looking around the room that was filled with balloons and presents. Mrs. Anna practically shoved the homemade cupcake in my face. I smiled and grabbed it from her hands.

"Thank you guys so much for this. You really shouldn't have bought me all these gifts and balloons. I didn't know you was balling like that Mrs. Anna, is that a Givenchy gift bag," I asked excited and surprised at the same time.

"Oh child I didn't buy all that expensive mess. Some man that was a friend of DJ's brought that over here earlier before you woke up. He had some boys come in here and put balloons and presents all over the room. I think he's a very charming young man," she said. I rolled my eyes before taking a bite out of my cupcake. I knew Icy had brought all these gifts in hopes that I'd forgive him, but I couldn't be bought.

"Anywho, I'll let you finish your cupcake up. Once you done y'all get washed up and come down stairs. I have a nice breakfast prepared for you," Mrs. Anna said before leaving out. As soon as the door closed Yaki hopped up and grabbed some of the gift bags and brought them to me

"Girl yo ass didn't tell me you was feeling Icy. This nigga done bought you half of the damn mall. The whole living room floor is filled with gift bags and wrapped presents. I was so mad my grams didn't let me open some of them up. I hope you sharing since I've been sharing my bed with you for the last two days," she complained. I rolled my eyes as I ate the last of my cupcake.

"Ya-Ya you can have every gift in this house that he brought. I don't want shit from him," I informed her. She tilted her head to the side confused before walking over and sitting next to me.

"Moe, you been here for two days and you still haven't told me where you been and what bought you here, to my grams' house. Now is the time to tell me. We have approximately two hours before we have to be to the salon and nail shop," she said. I sighed before shaking my head. Ya-Ya was a really close friend of mine. Her, Tiana, and myself use to run Buchanan middle school. I consider her a close friend of mine, because she's so humbled and she's always looking to be loved, just like myself.

"Yaki, it's a long story. Two hours won't be enough time to tell you everything," I explain to her. She smacked her lips before throwing a pillow at me.

"Fine, I'll let you slide because it's your birthday, but tomorrow morning, the first thing you'll be doing is explaining yourself," she said before getting out the bed. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand before doing the same.

"You think you'll be able to take me to Icy's house, I have a few things that I have to pick up. His ass wanna buy me on these clothes and fragrances, he needs to buy a bitch some new wheels or something," I complained as I walked into the bathroom. She chuckled and walked in the bathroom behind me.

"Moe you are something else. Icy is spending all his money on you and here your ass is, being ungrateful and shit. I wish I had somebody to wine and dine me like this. You think you can throw me on one of his friends," she asked. I rolled my eyes. Yaki couldn't handle the lifestyle that Icy and his friends lived, so I wasn't going to even go there with that match maker stuff.

"Breakfast is getting cold girls," Mrs. Anna called from the kitchen. Yaki and I quickly did our morning routine before going to the kitchen where breakfast was being served. The whole kitchen smelled like a food factory. Mrs. Anna could seriously throw down in the kitchen.

"Owe, grams it smells delicious in here," Yaki said, planting a kiss on Mrs. Anna's cheek.

"I agree, all this food looks delicious. You didn't have to cook a whole breakfast buffet for me Mrs. Anna. I truly appreciate this," I said. She smiled brightly as she sat a bowl of fruit on the table in front of us.