2.7 (AE 2)

Alteternate ending-2

-POV Zelda-

"I have a plan," I put my hands together and leaned over the table.

"What kind of plan?"

"A genius one," I smirked, "I know for a fact Opal won't find out."

"Then explain to me this plan you've got."

"There's a masquerade party coming up at the Jefferson Ballroom this coming Friday. If I could get Opal to go with me, you could get her alone and talk to her."

"Opal doesn't like parties."

"Trust me, she'll go if I promise her certain things."

"What kinds of things?"

"That's not for you to worry about. You can be in a mask, and she won't know it's you," I let out a happy yelp, "it could be like Cinderella but without the shoe loss! You could dance with her, talk with her, and she won't know it's you."

"She'll recognize my voice, and my eyes, she's studied by eyes more than anything, she'll know it's me right away."

"Contacts, my dear Samm. We could get you whatever colour you want to try."

"I don't know, this all seems too sneaky."

"It'll all be fine," I took a sip of my coffee, "now pretty boy, do you know how to formally dance, like the waltz?"

"Of course I do, I was raised in a mansion that regularly had Galla's and balls."

"Good, I'll have to teach Opal how to dance, I'm pretty sure she doesn't know. When I see you next we'll see how good you really are."

"Alright, but where do I get a mask?"

"Leave it to me, I'll make one. Meet here again in two days, I'll have your mask made then, any preferences?"

"White. Make sure Opal's matches."

"That can be done."

-0-

-POV Opal-

"Would you like some tea?"

"Sure." I was sitting on the fancy couches of Miss. Jeffersons. A woman that looked in her late twenties poured me a cup of tea.

Miss. Jefferson sat on the couch across from me, "so, you think Kylee has high potential?"

"Yes, as far as I was informed, she's had a perfect 4.0 grade average, and already skipped third through fourth grade?"

"Correct, but she had to redo sixth grade," Miss. Jefferson paused for a moment, "her mother shortly died right after her father when she started sixth grade. Her performance declined and she didn't do anything, so she had to retake it. Her parents kept her from public school for a while, they home schooled her when she skipped, even though she clearly didn't need it."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it dear. Ron is very hard on her, his sister left the family to chase a random guy. While she was off running about, both their parents passed and all the money went to him. So she made her own living. He never regained the relationship with his sister, when she died she left Kylee for him. He didn't want her, but I did, so I treat her like my own."

"That's wonderful Miss. Jefferson."

"Please, call me Jade."

"So Kylee kept her mother's last name?"

"Yes, I asked her if she wanted to keep Anderson and she said yes."

"Where is Kylee if I may ask."

"I do believe she is in her room, Jude, can you please go get her?"

The woman that poured my tea nodded and left the room.

A few minutes later Kylee plowed through the doorway, "Opal!"

I smiled, "Hey Kylee."

"Why are you here?"

"Just having conversation with your aunt here."

She held her hand out to me, "I wanna show you my room!"

I looked over to Jade, she gave a quick nod.

-0-

-POV Samm-

Truth is, I don't know how to dance, sure we had many Galla's and balls, I never went to them.

I sighed, now I need to go to a class and learn before I see Zelda again.

My parents did try to get me to learn the waltz when I was younger, but I got frustrated and threw my shoe at the instructor.

I tapped my chin, who could teach me. Then it hit me, my sister!

Annie, has always known how to dance, hell, and even has national awards. I bit the inside of my cheek, but that would mean I'd have to go back to Blackwell and somehow avoid my parents.

I called Annie, she picked up after a few rings, we talked and I asked if she could show me the waltz, she agreed to, but said she'll come down here to teach me.

She always respected how I didn't want to see our parents. Annie is twenty nine, five years older than me. Our parents always favored her over me.

-0-

-POV Opal-

Kylee's room was all pink, definitely not the colour I imagined her room to be. It was a small room, a desk with a laptop in one corner her bed in the other.

"Here, Opal, I got you something," she dug through her desk drawer and pulled out some sort of tickets.

She handed them to me, "my family is hosting a masq- masquerade. I stole these tickets," I looked at the two tickets, "you get one and you can bring whoever you'd like with you, I'll be there."

I looked up to her, a beaming smile looking back at me.

There was a retort I was going to say, something along the lines of, 'you shouldn't steal, I can't take these,' but I didn't say that, she looked too happy for me to.

I took another quick glance to the tickets, "alright," I nodded.

She let out a loud screech of excitement, "ah! It'll be amazing Opal!"

I smiled and looked back up at her, "what do I wear?"

"Anything beautiful, with shouldn't be too hard for you."

My phone alerted me of a message, it was Zelda, 'Girl, we've gotta talk, something exciting!'

I looked back up at Kylee, "I'm sorry Kylee but I have to leave," I stood up, and instantly Kylee had wrapped her arms around me.

"That's okay, I'll see you at the masquerade anyway!"

I said goodbye to the Jefferson's and made my way to Zelda's meeting spot, the café.