Nine: Boy

"How many cupcakes do you think we'll need?" Jane calls from the kitchen.

It was the day before the big re-opening of Joe's Coffee Shop and Jade was on cupcake duty.

"Erm, I don't know, a lot?" I called back as I finished writing up the last coffee flavour on the chalk board. I could feel Jane rolling her eyes at my comment and I chuckled. Just then the chimes rang and I knew someone had entered.

I looked up to see Zoe who had five Asda bags in her hands. She had gone to get the ingredients we'd need for tomorrow.

I jumped off the chair I was standing on and took the bags out of Zoe's hands and put them off to the side before engulfing her into a hug. "Hey, dolly."

Zoe visually blushed at the endearment I called her. "W-what did you call me?"

My smile went into a full blown grin. "You heard me, dolly."

Before she could respond Jane calls again, "Zoe, Is that you? I need help with the cupcakes!"

Zoe blushed at me one more time and scurried off to help Jane.

God, she was cute.

I sighed at the thought of Zoe's lips on mine, forehead to forehead, nose to nose, hand to hand. I'd be happy with any physical contact I could get. I look in the bags Zoe brought and realise that not only had she gone to Asda and bought some ingredients but she had also gone to the party store. There was a karaoke machine, snakes and ladders, uno and guess who. Zoe, being the little genuine she was, also bought a microphone. Good girl.

I mentally ticked off all the things that had been done.

Board games. Check.

New menu. Check.

Cupcakes.... almost check!

Ingredients. Check.

All what was left to do was wait.

***

We were still waiting by twelve thirty p.m.

The re-opening started at twelve.

Me, Zoe, Jane and Joe all stood in a line waiting. "Maybe everyone's just a bit late." Jane mumbled to no one in particular, still staring at the door.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Yeah, maybe..."

Zoe looked up at me and my eyes softened. She gave me a small reassuring smile and slipped her hand through mine. I grinned at her.

A few minuets later of waiting, Zoe gasped. "We forgot to put the date and time on!"

What was this girl talking about? "Cupcake, what are you talking about?"

"Ohmygod ohmygod omygod..." she mumbled over and over again, pinching the bridge of her nose.

She looked so cute. Yeah, yeah, I should have been thinking of other things but it wasn't my fault she was so damn adorable.

The other day on our date I had asked her if she believed in love in first sight. She had asked me the same thing. And looking at her now, I couldn't help but feel like I loved her.

I had never really known what it felt like to be loved, let alone known how to love, but at that moment, I was in love with Zoe  Taylor. I hardly knew the girl but yet I felt like I had some magic tie to her.

"Park!" Zoe yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts, "We didn't put a date on the poster, let alone a time!"

I blinked at her. What was she- Oh no.

My eyes widened in realisation and the smile which I always wore went from my face. Sugar honey ice tea, this was bad.... or maybe, it wasn't... The smile reappeared on my face and I sprinted to the door, Zoe following a few feet behind.

"Park! Where are you going?" Zoe panted. I felt sorry for the poor thing, but I had to get people to the shop. And that's exactly what I was going to do.

***

"Roll up, roll up! Joe's Coffee Shop is just right there and the re-opening is happening right this minuet." I yelled at the top of my voice out to the busy street.

After I had explained my idea to Zoe, I had told her to go back to help Joe and Jane.

I had sent several people to the Coffee Shop and I had no doubt it was packed already.

Looks like there was hope for the Coffee Shop yet.

***

"Wow, it really is busy in there." Zoe says as we step out in to the breeze.

Zoe was right, it really was packed in the Coffee Shop. It had been a great success so far and lots of money was rolling in.

We had decided to step outside the back to get some fresh air and Zoe's strawberry blonde hair blew in the wind. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever met by far.

No matter what she wore, whether it was leggings and a top or a fancy dress, she looked stunning.

Other people would see many faults with Zoe Taylor, either that her legs were too short, her hair too frizzy or her thighs too thick. But to me, she was perfect. Not only was she beautiful on the outside but in the inside too.

"Yep." I agree.

The sun was coming down now and the sky was painted with all kinds of colours. Orange, yellow, pink, red, white and blue.

Zoe was staring intently at the sky which a small smile on her face. "It's beautiful..."

But I wasn't looking at the sky. No, I was looking right at her. "Yeah, it is."

"Last time I asked you this question you said you didn't know so, I'll ask you again..." I murmur, "Do you believe in love in first sight?"

She was looking at me now all traces of a smile gone on her face, and mine.

I needed to know if she thought it was possible, if she didn't, I'd tell her any way.

"Park..."

"I'm being serious, Zoe."

She sighs. "It's complicated."

I shake my head. "It's not for me, because I love you and I have ever since I've met you."

*Gasp*

This is the second last chapter of Coffee Shop, as this is a short story, however there may be a number two...