Chapter 25

Nora James' P. O. V

I stifle a yawn as I make my way back to the bed, lying next to a wide awake Alexander.

"Hey babe." Alexander murmurs as he pulls me into him, wrapping one hand around my waist- placing the other on my stomach.

If I look incredibly close in the mirror now, I can see a small numb starting to form.

Well it might be more than a small bump but I can't imagine myself with such a bloated stomach and body that I can start to use the bump as my very own table.

As wondrous as it seems, I couldn't contort my mind to imagine myself in all of that pregnancy glow.

"Are you zoning out again?" Alex mumbles as he starts to caress my stomach, moving his thumb in slow circles.

"Kind of." I mumble as I sigh into his chest, cuddling in further.

Alexander merely laughs at my sulky tone and then quietens down, the only breathing in the room as of our breathing.

The both of us calm and content in the comforting silence- that is until the door leading into the suite slams open and then slams back closed.

Alexander groans at the interruption and the both of us lie in wait for the loud stomping feet to reach our bedroom door as they pass through the lounge.

The door finally swings open, revealing a fearful looking Greg who has is hand over his eyes, shielding them.

"I swear to God if you both are naked." Greg mutters sourly.

"We aren't." I call out to Greg who still has his eyes covered.

"Oh," he mumbles sheepishly as his face contorts-well tries to- into a look of sheer innocence.

"I just thought you guys would be getting freaky especially with being in a new place and 'christening' it and stuff you know." Greg blubbers up while the both of us just watch in amusement at his flustered self.

"Why did you come in here exactly?" Alexander asks, making Greg's rambling come to a halt as his eyes widen.

"Oh crap I forgot to tell you both."

"Forgot what?" I ask as I start to sit up, smoothening out my now ruffled shirt.

"Uh Sam might be in London."

I hadn't even realize I had gotten tense as my body starts to slowly relax.

"We know that. Why do you think we're here?" I ask rhetorically.

Greg seems uncomfortable as he starts to shift from one foot to the other.

"Well by London I mean in the same place as us and by that I mean he's in our hotel room and Damien might be killing him as we speak."

Alexander and I both jump out of the bed, almost as if on instinct.

Slipping my shoes on, I follow Alexander out of the door, to busy trying to sprint after him- I mentally remind myself to smack Greg upside the head afterwards.

Fast footsteps follow after us, alerting me of Greg who is by our side now.

Rushing through the brightly lit hallways, I barely manage to keep up as Alexander turns a corner and disappears into a room.

Luckily I catch him just in time as I too enter into the same doorway.

"Alex-," I abruptly stop myself as I take in the entire scene before me.

Alexander quickly lunges at Damien who holds Sam up by the back of the neck, Sam's face shoved into the wall as he violently lashes out but is unable to cause any harm, regardless.

"Stay out of this." Damien growls, eyeing Alexander who tries to edge closer to the both of them.

"Damien!" Alexander warns as Damien shoves Sam once more.

This time though a slight crunch can be heard which makes me internally wince.

The son of a bitch deserves it after everything he's done.

Even Greg seems to agree as he too has a smug look on his face while he takes in the entire situation.

Damien narrows his eyes in defiance but huffs out as he loosens his grip, slamming him into the wall one last time before completely letting go.

A warm hand clamps around my wrist as I'm being tugged backwards.

I scowl in annoyance as I notice Greg placing me behind his back.

Like he can do anything.

I can protect myself quite nicely thank you very much.

I edge my way back to Greg's side, ignoring his defeated look as I cross my arms in front of my chest.

Sam groans as he pushes himself away from the wall and faces us, grabbing a tissue from his pocket he wipes his nose that is currently bleeding.

He wipes the back of his hand against his nose as he sniffs.

I watch tentatively as he takes everyone in.

I nearly squirm in my place as he glances at me, a smirk making its way onto his face.

"Don't you dare look at her, dick." Greg calls out while Alexander shoves Sam back, blocking his sight of me.

"What are you doing here?" Damien asks calmly, not even rattled at seeing his brother, well half brother.

"I just stopped by to say hello." Comes Sam sickly sweet cheery voice.

Greg rolls his eyes in annoyance and I too nearly scoff out loud.

Damien's jaw tightens as he pulls on the cuffs of his suit, trying to straighten it on.

"Say what you need to say and leave." Damien says in that same steely voice he always speaks in.

Sam raises his hand and mockingly smiles making me want to punch him straight in the face but Alexander comes next to stand next to me, eyeing me from the corner of his eye like I am about to pounce on the arrogant man.

"Come on everyone, why are you all so serious? This is a great occasion. We get to catch up once again as friends. Isn't that right Nora?" Sam mocks as his blue eyes appraise me, waiting for an answer.

Alexander's hand around my waist tightens but I don't say anything, locking my jaw in place from accidentally blurting someone thing out that I know I will definitely regret later on.

"Just hurry up, we don't have time for your games. We all know why we flew over here and it isn't just to explain pleasantries."

Greg–and even Damien–nod in approval at Alexander's words.

We all wait– at least I do– with bated breath for Sam's next words.

Will he just confess to everything right here and now?

Or will he just give up this entire false cheery pretense that even a two year old could see through.

I can't even figure the man out especially with his multiple personality changes and mood swings.

The man is unpredictable, anything can happen, and that aspect doesn't leave me all too excited.

----------------

AN: Hi everyone, hope you all liked this chapter! Not much to say except thank you very much for continuing to read and if you have any questions at all do let me know by messaging me! Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share