Chapter 29

"Haah...home sweet home.." Lucy yawned in the back of the car making the driver look back at her. "Seems like you had a relaxing day" the driver said, smiling. "Yup, now I'm gonna go home and...relax.." Lucy laid back on the seat, closing her eyes. The driver chuckled before he returned to the road.

Lucy peeked an eye open, looking out the window as she watched the buildings they passed by. "Magnolia sure is beautiful.." she watched the big white building and her eyes widened in surprised, it was a church! Not just any church but the same church she got married in..

"Wow.." Lucy smiled at the sight before she looked forth, watching the back of the driver's head, she was bored so she decided to make conversation. "So..how's life treating ya there...taxi man" she slightly smile when the man chuckled. "It may look good since I always have this happy face but..it isn't as great" he sighed, his hands gripping the starring wheel.

"Oh..okay, sorry to hear that.." she went silent after, out of words. The driver looked at her in the rear view mirror and his eyes landed on the ring on her finger. "That guy's one lucky man.." he said and Lucy hummed "Hm?" "I said...that guy's really lucky.." he said again and she raised her brow, confused

"Um...who guy?" she asked, looking at the object his eyes were set on then her eyes widened in realization. "Oh...that um..no" she shook her head "No what?" he asked, his eyes on the road again. "I'm not..well that guy-I'm not married" Lucy said. "But I'm confused, isn't that a ring I se-" "I was married" she said, cutting him off.

"So why would you wear the ring, if you don't mind me asking?" he asked. "Because..." Lucy looked down at the gold ring on her marry finger, observing it "because..."

Flashback

"I promise to always be loyal to you...love you.." Lucy smiled as she stood infront her soon to be husband, wearing a beautiful frilly white wedding dress as tears of joy ran down her cheeks. She also heard the squeals of joy her friends made behind her. "Awe..it's so beautiful.." Levy smiled, wiping her teary eyes as she held a little bouquet of flowers, along with Erza and Juvia who nodded. "I know.."

"And always..." the pink hair male smiled at her which she returned "be by your side...forever and ever.." he took the ring from Gray and returned to Lucy. "Lucy.." she smiled, allowing him to take her left hand. "if you wear this ring..I promise you that I will always be there for you...even through the tough times..I would never leave your side or abandon you...nor that little baby growing in your stomach.."

She looked down at her still flat stomach, smiling. "Now would you take this ring and make me the happiest man on earth?" she looked back at him, smiling. "Natsu.." he raised his brow, along with the priest and the groom's men, waiting on her answer. "Well.." Levy raised her brow and then followed Juvia.

Lucy shook her head and a gasp escaped the crowd, "What?" he asked "I.." Gray then started burst out laughing, his laughter echoing through-out the church "I...of course you dummy!" she pulled him in and kissed him hard, the crowd recovering from their shock and cheering for the married couple. Juvia gave the now silent Gray a glare and he sweat dropped.

They broke part and Natsu smiled "Never..." he took her finger and slowly slid the ring through it "do that again.." he said.

"I won't" they leaned forward and kissed again, him holding her by her waist, spinning her around as a squeal of joy escaped her lips.

End of Flashback

Lucy sighed, staring at the ring. Some times she felt like it was some how her fault for their divorce...but... "I don't know..." Lucy admitted, looking out the window. The man nodded in understanding "You still love him...don't you?" "Excuse me-what?" she turned to hin. "I know if you didn't love him, you would of sold that ring" he chuckled.

"Um.." "I suggest you tell him how you feel before it's too late, I knew for a fact that I was late.." he sadly smile "I was too dense to even realize my true feelings and when I did, she was already married" he explained before he shook his head. "I live my days now with regret ..Marla has gotten married, had kids and..I'm just here all alone..some times I hope she soon realizes that I still love her.."

Lucy looked down, nodding her head.

"I hope Luce can stop rejecting me.." Natsu whispered to himself, pushing a sleeping Nashi in a stroller infront of him as the two walked towards the park together. Nashi was probably tired of staying home all the time and he admit, him too so a little stroll to the park wouldn't hurt right?

He looked forward and sighed. "What can I do.." he tried everything for the past month he've been there, he tried being seductive, tried to persuade her mind but like..everything he tried didn't seemed to work. They had sex and she act normal the next day, what was he doing wrong?

So tonight he have decided..to pop the question to her..

"Do you love me..?"

Sorry for the long update, my keyboard is malfunctioning so...I have to type..sorry but I hope you all like this chapter, now tell me how was it?

Thanks to those who's still continuing to read my story!

Love,
           Tersiah